[#2783] Error message in User Management and Registration

12 years 6 months ago #177647 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator details and will take a look. Of course things have changed with CB 1.7 as CB 1.4 jQuery library will not work, at all, on IE9. CB 1.7 resolves that however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #177726 by krileon
Could not duplicate your issue locally nor find a direct cause on your live site. There's unfortunately just too much installed for me to debug each extension for a conflict. If you could please in a sub-domain or sub-folder on the same host create a CB install of just Joomla + CB + CB Conditional (you're using step by step, which also checked as not the cause as happens even if entire plugin disabled) then test if issue still present would be appreciated.
Notice: Undefined index: 529 in administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 573

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 573

Appears there is a plugin with the ID of 529 trying to be called. No idea what it was or what is trying to call it however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #177750 by edjec
Thanks for taking a look. I noticed the same message that you got, but I had no idea of what to look for. Your comment triggered me to look in the database for the ID of the plugin and I found that there is no plugin with that ID number (529).

I'm not a programmer, but it looks to me as if plugin IDs are loaded into an array within plugin.class.php and when the function call runs, it cycles through the plugin id's until it hits #529 - can't find it and chokes. My question is where are the plugin id's found that are loaded into the array? Maybe that is the source of the error?

I also have a mirror site I use to test updates and on this site I turned off all CB plugins except Core, languages and Paid Subs. The problem still exists.

I'll do a fresh install on my local server and test as you suggest.

I appreciate your help.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #177811 by krileon

I'm not a programmer, but it looks to me as if plugin IDs are loaded into an array within plugin.class.php and when the function call runs, it cycles through the plugin id's until it hits #529 - can't find it and chokes. My question is where are the plugin id's found that are loaded into the array?

This is correct.

Maybe that is the source of the error?

Doubtful, something has to actually load it into CB API. So something is trying to call a plugin that doesn't exist. I've no idea what though as said there's just too much installed.

I'll do a fresh install on my local server and test as you suggest.

Please do let me know your findings. Prefer to be done on your live domain so I can review if issue persists as well as so the issue can be debugged whether is cause of server configuration or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: edjec

12 years 6 months ago #178425 by edjec
[Update - partially solved]

Sorry for my long absence - my attention has been focused on finding a resolution to this problem. In thinking this through, I realized the problem was either a script error somewhere or in a template, since it only affected one browser. That is exactly where I found the culprit.

The issue with the registration page disappearing was apparently caused by IE8 misinterpreting a line of code intended for Firefox. I found it in the CB Dark template.css file in the .cb_comp_outer { } statement that was changed 7 months ago in modifying the site template to display rounded corners and a gradient background. This was never a problem until now.

The code is: -moz-border-radius: 7px; /* FF1+ */. I simply commented out this line and the form is now displaying. "Simply", yeah right. I hate to even estimate how many hours I've spent on this.

Note to anyone following this thread; you will not find this code in your template as it is specific to my site only.

What is unanswered is why did this present itself in IE8 only after the upgrade to CB 1.7 and why is IE8 interpreting code intended for Firefox? Those are really rhetorical questions.

Still remaining unsolved is the error message that is popping up in both the front end registration screen and in User Management that was the initial subject of this thread. And a newly discovered issue with IE8 that only one of the drop-down menu items in the main menu bar on this same registration screen is not displaying. But, that's going to have to wait until I feel like tackling it.

Kyle, thank you for sticking with me on this and guiding me to a final resolution. Your help is really appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 6 months ago #178477 by krileon

Still remaining unsolved is the error message that is popping up in both the front end registration screen and in User Management that was the initial subject of this thread.

Of course and thread is tagged with the bug ticket as well. While the implementation is practical it can be done much more elegantly then displaying "error".

Kyle, thank you for sticking with me on this and guiding me to a final resolution. Your help is really appreciated!

My pleasure and thank you for providing your findings as is greatly appreciated.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn