[#2861] CB Privacy questions

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178248 by amir00251
[#2861] CB Privacy questions was created by amir00251
I am testing CB Privacy.

I have one question. Does postion of Connection Types has any effect.

Say I have Connection Types

Friends
Family
Co-worker

Does Visible only for Co-workers trigger also visble to Family and Friends because they are in higher position in the list?

Or similarly does only for Family trigger also visible to Friends because it is in higher position?

As you know the Privacy setting is single select, so there should be some kind of priority to be able to make a tab visible to several Connection Types?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #178329 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Privacy questions

Does Visible only for Co-workers trigger also visble to Family and Friends because they are in higher position in the list?

Or similarly does only for Family trigger also visible to Friends because it is in higher position?

Neither are the case, the connection types aren't conditional in anyway. They simply add to the multi-select seen when managing your connections (users can be assigned multiple types).

As you know the Privacy setting is single select, so there should be some kind of priority to be able to make a tab visible to several Connection Types?

Unfortunately this is not the case and can only select 1 connection type. I recommend assigning a field to a connection type then giving that type to as many connections as you like (as connections can be assigned multiple types).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #178340 by amir00251
Replied by amir00251 on topic Re: CB Privacy questions
Hello, Thanks for your reply but if I have understood it right, your solution is not ideal and it is certainly not user friendly.

A user chooses a connection type co-worker (because the person is a co-worker) and chooses a connection type family because it is a family.

Now if he/she wants to make a tab or field visible for both co-workers and family, then he/she should set the privacy setting on that tab/field to only for family, and then in connection manager indicate all co-workers as family?
Is this what you mean?

If yes, then what is the meaning of naming Co-workers or Family, etc. Then it would be good to call them access 1, access 2, etc and ask user to fill in multi select levels of access. This would make sense for multi-selection rather than calling someone both co-worder and family?

I'd be grateful if you could clarify this more. Thank you.

12 years 6 months ago #178354 by krileon

Now if he/she wants to make a tab or field visible for both co-workers and family, then he/she should set the privacy setting on that tab/field to only for family, and then in connection manager indicate all co-workers as family?
Is this what you mean?

Unfortunately yes this is the case. I have made a feature ticket regarding this on our forge at the below link. Suggestions/patches welcome.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2861

If yes, then what is the meaning of naming Co-workers or Family, etc. Then it would be good to call them access 1, access 2, etc and ask user to fill in multi select levels of access. This would make sense for multi-selection rather than calling someone both co-worder and family?

Right, a multi-select would absolutely be more ideal, but no such feature is currently available and you can only select a single connection type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #178356 by amir00251
Replied by amir00251 on topic Re: CB Privacy questions
Thanks for your reply, I would only suggest giving a priority to this as I really dont think making multi select would take too much time for developement.

Thanks again.

12 years 6 months ago #178382 by krileon

I would only suggest giving a priority to this

Unfortunately that won't be the case as we've many other tasks with significantly higher priority.

as I really dont think making multi select would take too much time for developement.

That's not the problem. Creating an HTML multi-select is simple, but there is zero handling for such usage in the plugin meaning very likely massive rewrite to handle multiple permission levels per field/tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn