[#2567] Profilebook issue with publishing book and wall an

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182576 by robbiemc
Hi

currently using Joomla 1.7.0 with the latest version of CB and having a couple of problems with profilebook.

I have set up both profilebook and profilewall to enable anonymous postings but set the system so that entries are reviewed by the profile owner before publishing. However, for some reason the 'publish' option does not work having loggged in as the profile owner.

The only way a posting can currrently be published is to enable auto-publishing or if the profile owner first leaves feedback and ticks the publish box.

I do not think members will want the autopublish functionality so I really need to get this 'publish' option working simply by clicking the text 'Publish'.

The delete functionality works ok.

I have also noticed that if a non-registered individual posts then their email address is showing...is it possible to turn this off and only show the name?

Look forward to your feedback

Robbie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182953 by krileon

I have set up both profilebook and profilewall to enable anonymous postings but set the system so that entries are reviewed by the profile owner before publishing. However, for some reason the 'publish' option does not work having loggged in as the profile owner.

Known issue, please see the below forge ticket to further track the issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2567

I have also noticed that if a non-registered individual posts then their email address is showing...is it possible to turn this off and only show the name?

Edit your profilebook tab from CB > Tab Management then set "Show email:" to "No". Am unsure if this will affect anonymous users however. Please ensure you're viewing the post as a Registered user and see if you can see the email address as it's possible it's only visible to ones self and moderators.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183231 by robbiemc
Hi Krileon

Many thanks for the response. Looking at forge the publishing issue was first raised in June but has yet to be looked at '0% complete'. Any ideas when this may be addressed...?

re the email address showing, I have followed your instructions changing view email to no in profile book but unfortunately when viewing the profile in public the email address (for non-registered user) is still showing. This is unfortunate as I do not feel that members of the public, for obvious reasons, will wish to make public their email address.

On a seperate note I noticed in forge (issue #2954) that there is a patch file to resolve the CB ratings issue which I also reported a couple of months ago...how would I apply this patch file to my site, please advise.

Could you also advise further re email addresses being viewable and how we may 'exclude' email addresses from 'public' viewing.

Regards

Robbie

12 years 5 months ago #183261 by krileon

Many thanks for the response. Looking at forge the publishing issue was first raised in June but has yet to be looked at '0% complete'. Any ideas when this may be addressed...?

No idea am afraid, we're full force working on CB 2.0 where the integration will probably be written.

re the email address showing, I have followed your instructions changing view email to no in profile book but unfortunately when viewing the profile in public the email address (for non-registered user) is still showing. This is unfortunate as I do not feel that members of the public, for obvious reasons, will wish to make public their email address.

Does it display the email to everyone? As in review the profile as a non-registered user or a non-moderator to confirm if it displays or not. If so the only other solution is to edit the plugin source directly.

On a seperate note I noticed in forge (issue #2954) that there is a patch file to resolve the CB ratings issue which I also reported a couple of months ago...how would I apply this patch file to my site, please advise.

I don't advise applying patches unless you absolutely know how. It's typically best to review the patch and see what was changed then make the changes manually (be careful of the + and - in the patch, if you add them to source it will error). At any rate the patch was generated from Netbeans and can also be used to apply it. You can also use diff programs such as Winmerge to apply patches. All patches are generated from Joomla root and should be applied there as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183695 by robbiemc
Hi Krileon

Many thanks for the response/update.

The email address does show to everyone...this will prevent the public from posting reviews/ratings.

I will have a go at the patch.

Regards

Robbie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn