[#3021] GroupJive invitation non-member

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183249 by kalonly
Suppose there is a group in Groupjive of type "invite". If I understand correctly, it is only possible to invite someone who has already a profile in CB. So, if a group owner wants to invite a new person who is not yet registered in CB, he has to:
1. sent a mail message to this new person and invite him to register in CB.
2. Ask this new person to let the group owner know when he has completed the registration (otherwise he can not be invited because there is no profile present in CB).
3. invite the new person using the invite function in GroupJive.

It would be a lot easier if the follwing would be possible:
1. The group owner creates a new profile for the new person (only mail address and name)
2. The new person is invited to the group of the group owner.
(optional: 3. the new person is invited to complete his personal profile)

Is there 'out of the box' functionality for this procedure available or do I have to create it myself?

Do you have any better suggestions for this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183253 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: GroupJive invitation non-member
in the information for the field it's written: you can use ID, username, name or E-mail.
With E-mail you can invite people who are not yet user.
But they have to register first before they can enter a group! If they are not yet registered, then they get a notice, that they have to register first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

12 years 5 months ago #183264 by kalonly
Replied by kalonly on topic Re: GroupJive invitation non-member
jojo12: thank you. I know how the current process works. However I am looking for a different solution (please read my question again) in which the new user does not have to register himself.

12 years 5 months ago #183267 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive invitation non-member
GJ will send an email to the user to join the group and if they're not a member of the site they'll then need to register first. There is no feature to force register someone and also no plans to add such a feature. I suppose the user inviting the other user could logout and register for them, but that's a bit rude to force a user to join a site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183280 by kalonly
Replied by kalonly on topic Re: GroupJive invitation non-member
I do agree it is rude to make a profile for a new user and it is not the preferred solution from my point of view (and probably illegal too...).

But there is still a 'workflow' problem:
Suppose there is a group BU1 with type 'invite' and the owner wants to invite new.user@gmail.com. As suggested the owner of the group sents an invitation to new.user@gmail.com.

But in order to invite him to join BU1, the owner of BU1 needs to know when new.user finishes the registration process in order to send him the invite to group BU1.

Is there a way for the owner of BU1 to (automatically) keep track of the registration progress of new.user? Not much of problem if the owner invites a few new members, but if het want to invite several hundreds, it is impossible to keep track by hand.

Hope you understand my question.

12 years 5 months ago #183293 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive invitation non-member

But in order to invite him to join BU1, the owner of BU1 needs to know when new.user finishes the registration process in order to send him the invite to group BU1.

There's no need for him to be re-invited. He can browse to the group and click Join or use the link in the email he was sent.

Is there a way for the owner of BU1 to (automatically) keep track of the registration progress of new.user? Not much of problem if the owner invites a few new members, but if het want to invite several hundreds, it is impossible to keep track by hand.

The invite tab in groups or the invite tab on profile lets you manage your invites, but for private reasons it doesn't let them track the registration of a user.

Next release (GJ 2.5) on registration will check if a user has any invites and update them with their userid so the invitee will see their username when viewing their invites and can easily browse to their profiles. An optional feature will also force join the user to the groups as well.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3021

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn