[#3067] CBSubs Basket + Offline payment + Email plugin

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184166 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs Basket and Offline payment

Those are temporary baskets and will go away after 24 hours. A basket only stays if a user clicks the confirmation link. In which case it locks in their basket and won't let them repeat the process.

Yes after further test it seem is right.. In fact I was able to do that but because my GOLD plan was setup to Free for 5 min. In this case I imagine is normal to be allowed to generated repeating invoice/order...

I explained it's based off your needs. If you want the email to send to the user and BCC to you and that's it then just use the emails on the presentation tab as they support BCC. As is you're adding extra overhead to your install unnecessarily. Please try the presentation emails and confirm if they're sending fine or not.

In fact I thinking to use the Email plugin because it allow to define a specific FROM email (Address field). Using the standard Email notification present inside Plan Tab Presentation, allow not to set a specific email and it seem is the default one set inside Joomla Global Configuration who is used. Actually is not a big deal for me...so I removed the Email Plugin who is actually not very useful and I set all my notification using the Tab Presentation.

Please also note I believe the Pending emails are currently bugged and do not work.

Yes I confirm is bugged because sometime it work and sometime not.. This is annoying because like I told you I would like customize the message for this specific "offline pending case" and send also an attachment in PDF file with some Bank Transfer information to print.. I hope you will fix this very soon..

Also regarding the emails integration does the purchasing user receive an email, but you don't. Is that correct? Or do both of you receive nothing?

The purchaser receive 2 time the Activation message and the BBC receive nothing... Purchaser Adress is like purchaser@domain.com and BCC is set to mail@another-domain.com

Thank you for your understanding and patience in investigating this issue as I know it can get a bit tedious and tiresome.

No problem.. Thank to you for assist me in my setup especially this last few days by answering to my numerous topic. I'm near to find the right setup for my case.

Now another question:

Like I told you my customer will pay only by bank transfer (or paypal)... So the problem here is the fact when a user Click on the confirmation link I get a dialog box warning who ask to confirm the payment and warn the order will be locked. After confirm this action a popup appear with normally the content of invoice and the order/payment page keep on the same page.

The popup was intended for display a check slip to print but for my case I don't need this feature so I would like disable the opening of this popup. instead to get this popup I would liek display another dialog box confirmation message telling something like "your order is taken and whe awaiting your bank transfer". Like that the user know his order is taken in consideration and when closing the dialog box he can always see the bank data who are always on the page for make his transfer.

Can you tell me how to do this ??

Now I don't know if this a good thing to always display the link for Confirm the payment after the onscreen OK message, because the user will get confused and will maybe click again on it and repeat the process even if this will change nothing. If the order is taken in consideration at this precise step I think is better to hide the payment link because is useless and confusing. Now if the user go to some other page of the site, and come back later is not a problem to display again the link if he want repeat the process...

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184188 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs Basket and Offline payment

Yes after further test it seem is right.. In fact I was able to do that but because my GOLD plan was setup to Free for 5 min. In this case I imagine is normal to be allowed to generated repeating invoice/order...

Yup, is working as intended.

In fact I thinking to use the Email plugin because it allow to define a specific FROM email (Address field). Using the standard Email notification present inside Plan Tab Presentation, allow not to set a specific email and it seem is the default one set inside Joomla Global Configuration who is used. Actually is not a big deal for me...so I removed the Email Plugin who is actually not very useful and I set all my notification using the Tab Presentation.

I understand, but does the Presentation emails work.

Yes I confirm is bugged because sometime it work and sometime not.. This is annoying because like I told you I would like customize the message for this specific "offline pending case" and send also an attachment in PDF file with some Bank Transfer information to print.. I hope you will fix this very soon..

Next release will have pending emails fixed.

The purchaser receive 2 time the Activation message and the BBC receive nothing... Purchaser Adress is like purchaser@domain.com and BCC is set to mail@another-domain.com

Strange, the user shouldn't receive 2 activation emails unless presentation and email integration activation emails are both configured. Have you tried setting the BCC address to the TO address to see if you receive the email? If not the problem would be with the email as previous tests prove the email works.

The popup was intended for display a check slip to print but for my case I don't need this feature so I would like disable the opening of this popup. instead to get this popup I would liek display another dialog box confirmation message telling something like "your order is taken and whe awaiting your bank transfer". Like that the user know his order is taken in consideration and when closing the dialog box he can always see the bank data who are always on the page for make his transfer.

Can you tell me how to do this ??

Currently you can't. Next release will have much more control over the payment slip via the offline gateways configuration.

Now I don't know if this a good thing to always display the link for Confirm the payment after the onscreen OK message, because the user will get confused and will maybe click again on it and repeat the process even if this will change nothing. If the order is taken in consideration at this precise step I think is better to hide the payment link because is useless and confusing. Now if the user go to some other page of the site, and come back later is not a problem to display again the link if he want repeat the process...

Clicking the confirm link multiple times won't hurt anything. Also redoing the payment process won't hurt anything a it'll load their previous basket instead of creating a new one once confirmed. Next release will have better control of the confirm links display however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184244 by dotcom22

Yup, is working as intended.

I noticed again something wrong... I can again repeat the Offline process and generate multiple order and invoice for the same Plan. My plan is a paid plan with duration of 5min for test purpose.. When I click on the "Invoice link" present on user profile, I can see my past "paid" invoice (payment approved from the backend) and 3 new "unpaid" invoice with 3 different number...

Except if I make or setup something wrong, it seem a possible bug is here. If you want I can PM you Super Admin access for test by yourself...

Strange, the user shouldn't receive 2 activation emails unless presentation and email integration activation emails are both configured. Have you tried setting the BCC address to the TO address to see if you receive the email? If not the problem would be with the email as previous tests prove the email works.

I tried to change both email Address and the result is always the same. Purchaser receive twice email and BBC nothing. Tested with 4 different email address from 3 different domain/server... I don't see what is wrong here..

Other question:

When using Offline payment and no tax are apply, the short code display on invoice say "No Taxes" and I would like translate this string but I can't find this anywhere on language files or in CBSUbs settings. Is possible to translate?

I know is difficult for you to estimate, but do you know when more less the next release of CBSubs (with pending bug fixed and Offline payment enhanced) will be out? Is a story of weeks or month ?? In another topic you told me the ability to include substitution on Description Plan is a feature planned for version 1.3..but I suppose this version will be not the next...

thank

12 years 4 months ago #184272 by krileon

Except if I make or setup something wrong, it seem a possible bug is here. If you want I can PM you Super Admin access for test by yourself...

Please do and will take a look. Please also include in the PM the credentials for the user with duplicate invoices.

I tried to change both email Address and the result is always the same. Purchaser receive twice email and BBC nothing. Tested with 4 different email address from 3 different domain/server... I don't see what is wrong here..

Did the presentation tab emails work?

I know is difficult for you to estimate, but do you know when more less the next release of CBSubs (with pending bug fixed and Offline payment enhanced) will be out? Is a story of weeks or month ?? In another topic you told me the ability to include substitution on Description Plan is a feature planned for version 1.3..but I suppose this version will be not the next...

CBSubs 1.3 is next release and is planned before end of this year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184296 by dotcom22

Please do and will take a look. Please also include in the PM the credentials for the user with duplicate invoices.

Done!

Did the presentation tab emails work?

Yes except BBC...

CBSubs 1.3 is next release and is planned before end of this year.

Is just a dream !! :woohoo: :silly: :lol:

12 years 4 months ago #184314 by krileon

Yes except BBC...

Would seam this is a bug in CB it self then where BCC is failing to work. Have created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3067

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn