[#3067] CBSubs Basket + Offline payment + Email plugin

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183981 by dotcom22
hello

1) In my Basket/Invoice the Validity of plan is displayed in some confused manner.

For example for my yearly Plan the date have not the European format like 29.11.11 but US format like 11.29.11 and I don't see anywhere a setting who allow to change this... Any clue ??

2) I choose to display the validity of Plan and the result is:

11/30/2011 - 11/30/2012, then 11/30/2012 - 11/30/2013

I think this is confusing and user can suppose the plan is valid until 11/30/2013. I would like simply display start/end date without telling the next period in case of renewal.. How I can do ??

3) The Offline payment method like proposed by the default handler is not at my opinion very adapted... In fact in my Country paying by check is not usual and customer who want pay offline will make only a Bank or Post transfer and nothing else. Usually customer will pay using his own "Internet Post or Banking account" payment solution or pay using the "old school method (always much used here) by going to a Postoffice for make his payment. In both case that mean the only thing I must provide is my full Bank data account. This is not a problem because I can display that on the basket.. However I noticed the invoice is immediately generated even if not paid..that mean the user can print invoice. I think a big mention "UNPAID" must be present on invoice until I receive the payment on my Bank account and until I have manually "Paid" the order from backend...otherwise anybody can get true invoice without having pay anything and this is not good. Then when I made the manual payment the mention "UNPAID" can be removed...and the customer are free to print his Paid invoice...

I noticed also the user can make many time the same Offline payment for the same plan and this will generate always invoice. Usually for the experience I have using some E-Commerce solution, if an Unpaid order is already present, is not necessary to allow user to make again and again a "payment"... The system must detect the presence of an Unpaid order and give the choice to keep this Unpaid order until paid or eventually to delete the order...but not to make again the same order for the same item/plan.. In case of generation of many order (most newbie users do that) it will require to delete manually all invalid order... Is not a big deal but is not friendly for user and admin..

4) I decided to use the plugin Email for notify user about Plan subscription, expiration and more. I noticed a notification called "Pending first payment Email" are present but I don't understand when it will be used. Typically according to my previous question, this mail must be sent because a Offline payment is a pending payment..

In fact I would like include in this message my Bank Data like that user will have something on his mailbox for let him to rembeber all data for pay... also because maybe the user is not on his home or office and don't have a printer or are not under his own PC... In witch case this Pending message are sent ??? I never get this message during my test..or maybe I make something wrong..

5) I see on the Doc we can setup some "Plan string" like this one:

[plan_id]
[subscription_id]
[replaced_plan_id]
[parent_plan_id]
[parent_subscription_id]

I placed this string inside all message for see the result but the data are not present and the string are displayed "as is". I need to setup something in some other place for enable this string? The Email plugin are well enabled..like the bot_cbsubs..

6) Always about Email plugin I tried to setup a BBC email address but instead to get the message to the "customer" email (the one setup with [email]) and to my BBC address, I receive 2 message at the same [email] address... This 2 address are not located on same server and inside my spam box I don't have nothing...Any clue about this problem?

many thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #184060 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs Basket and Offline payment

1) In my Basket/Invoice the Validity of plan is displayed in some confused manner.

For example for my yearly Plan the date have not the European format like 29.11.11 but US format like 11.29.11 and I don't see anywhere a setting who allow to change this... Any clue ??

Format is based off the date format you selected in CB > Configuration > General.

2) I choose to display the validity of Plan and the result is:

11/30/2011 - 11/30/2012, then 11/30/2012 - 11/30/2013

I think this is confusing and user can suppose the plan is valid until 11/30/2013. I would like simply display start/end date without telling the next period in case of renewal.. How I can do ??

I believe this is a language string. Please see your CBSubs language files then locate and adjust the below language string.

"%s, then %s"									=>	"%s, then %s",
TO:
"%s, then %s"									=>	"%s",

3) The Offline payment method like proposed by the default handler is not at my opinion very adapted... In fact in my Country paying by check is not usual and customer who want pay offline will make only a Bank or Post transfer and nothing else. Usually customer will pay using his own "Internet Post or Banking account" payment solution or pay using the "old school method (always much used here) by going to a Postoffice for make his payment. In both case that mean the only thing I must provide is my full Bank data account. This is not a problem because I can display that on the basket.. However I noticed the invoice is immediately generated even if not paid..that mean the user can print invoice. I think a big mention "UNPAID" must be present on invoice until I receive the payment on my Bank account and until I have manually "Paid" the order from backend...otherwise anybody can get true invoice without having pay anything and this is not good. Then when I made the manual payment the mention "UNPAID" can be removed...and the customer are free to print his Paid invoice...

They're not printing the invoice. They're printing a payment slip (it states this on the slip). This is so they can send the slip in with their check or keep so they can take it somewhere and make their payment. Offline is designed primarily for Checks and Cash, it's not for wire transfers or anything of the sort as transfers aren't offline payments.

I noticed also the user can make many time the same Offline payment for the same plan and this will generate always invoice. Usually for the experience I have using some E-Commerce solution, if an Unpaid order is already present, is not necessary to allow user to make again and again a "payment"... The system must detect the presence of an Unpaid order and give the choice to keep this Unpaid order until paid or eventually to delete the order...but not to make again the same order for the same item/plan.. In case of generation of many order (most newbie users do that) it will require to delete manually all invalid order... Is not a big deal but is not friendly for user and admin..

It's not possible for the user to keep generating offline baskets for the same subscription over and over unless you allow the user to subscribe to the same subscription multiple times or for example if it's a merchandise plan where multiple purchases are allowed. In those cases it's working as intended otherwise they'd need to first cancel the payment then redo the process to generate a new basket, but in that case their previous basket is removed.

4) I decided to use the plugin Email for notify user about Plan subscription, expiration and more. I noticed a notification called "Pending first payment Email" are present but I don't understand when it will be used. Typically according to my previous question, this mail must be sent because a Offline payment is a pending payment..

In fact I would like include in this message my Bank Data like that user will have something on his mailbox for let him to rembeber all data for pay... also because maybe the user is not on his home or office and don't have a printer or are not under his own PC... In witch case this Pending message are sent ??? I never get this message during my test..or maybe I make something wrong..

Pending state is for pending subscriptions. This is mostly used for Offline payments, because when a user makes an offline payment it's not active, not cancelled, etc.. it is pending and thus you can supply an email to send for that pending state. I believe this is currently bugged and doesn't work. I think the pending email on the presentation tab is tested working through.

5) I see on the Doc we can setup some "Plan string" like this one:

[plan_id]
[subscription_id]
[replaced_plan_id]
[parent_plan_id]
[parent_subscription_id]

I placed this string inside all message for see the result but the data are not present and the string are displayed "as is". I need to setup something in some other place for enable this string? The Email plugin are well enabled..like the bot_cbsubs..

CBSubs substitutions only work where they state they do. For example in CBSubs Email please see the top of the email tab for what substitutions are allowed.

Please ensure you're up to date with CB 1.7.1 and CBSubs 1.2.2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #184068 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs Basket and Offline payment
About point 3:

Ok but witch payment handler I must use in case of bank transfer? I think this is also a Offline payment because in practice the user make an Unpaid order and will paid later. The fact to print a slip and send later by postal way or to make a transfer result in the same...because the process will take some days in both case..

About the fact to generate multiple order I don't know but my plan is set like this:

Multiple subscriptions per user: Only one subscription

..and my plan is not a merchandise plan...

Even with this setting I was able to generate multiple order/invoice with different number...

About point 5:

I don't understand well so when I can use the "plan" string. I see on top we can use any CB field like username and more but my goal was to send a email telling something like:

Dear user

>> Thank for your order related to "Plan Gold" ....

Or also to tell:

>> You was before on "Plan Silver" and you are now on "Plan Gold"...

So the message sent are just simple notification without possibility to more personalize the content ??

Please I had another question on point 6 where you have not reply.. I think is because I edited my post for add this point 6 when you was replying at the same time...

thank

12 years 5 months ago #184080 by krileon

About point 3:

Ok but witch payment handler I must use in case of bank transfer? I think this is also a Offline payment because in practice the user make an Unpaid order and will paid later. The fact to print a slip and send later by postal way or to make a transfer result in the same...

About the fact to generate multiple order I don't know but my plan is set like this:

Multiple subscriptions per user: Only one subscription

..and my plan is not a merchandise plan...

Even with this setting I was able to generate multiple order/invoice with different number...

CBSubs doesn't have a bank transfer gateway so your only option is the Offline gateway.

How exactly? This could be a bug.

About point 5:

I don't understand well so when I can use the "plan" string. I see on top we can use any CB field like username and more but my goal was to send a email telling something like:

Dear user

>> Thank for your order related to "Plan Gold" ....

Or also to tell:

>> You was before on "Plan Silver" and you are now on "Plan Gold"...

So the message sent are just simple notification without possibility to more personalize the content ??

The plan substitutions you're allowed to use are the ones it tells you exactly. Plan name is not one of them, because there is no purpose in substituting plan name as the email is specific to the plan. Simply type the name out manually. This is only inconvenience if you intended to change the plans name over and over, which I do not advise you doing.

6) Always about Email plugin I tried to setup a BBC email address but instead to get the message to the "customer" email (the one setup with [email]) and to my BBC address, I receive 2 message at the same [email] address... This 2 address are not located on same server and inside my spam box I don't have nothing...Any clue about this problem?

Are you saying To: is set to [email] and BCC is set to xyz@domain.com? I don't understand. Please be more specific as to what your configuration is. Please note if you're going to just send the email to the user anyway you might as well use the emails on the Presentation tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184083 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs Basket and Offline payment

How exactly? This could be a bug.

Using the mentioned setup and Offline payment.. I was on profile, choose to upgrade to a Plan, get the basket and click on Offline button. Then I was able to repeat this action...

Are you saying To: is set to [email] and BCC is set to xyz@domain.com? I don't understand. Please be more specific as to what your configuration is. Please note if you're going to just send the email to the user anyway you might as well use the emails on the Presentation tab.

Yes my setup is exactly that... Now I don't understand... You tell me in a previous topic:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/183703-cbsubs-about-all-different-email-notification#183775

..we are free choose to use Email Notification in the Plan Presentation Tab or in Plan > Integration > Email plugin Tab... I choose this last method...

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #184107 by krileon

Using the mentioned setup and Offline payment.. I was on profile, choose to upgrade to a Plan, get the basket and click on Offline button. Then I was able to repeat this action...

Those are temporary baskets and will go away after 24 hours. A basket only stays if a user clicks the confirmation link. In which case it locks in their basket and won't let them repeat the process.

Yes my setup is exactly that... Now I don't understand... You tell me in a previous topic:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/183703-cbsubs-about-all-different-email-notification#183775

..we are free choose to use Email Notification in the Plan Presentation Tab or in Plan > Integration > Email plugin Tab... I choose this last method...

I explained it's based off your needs. If you want the email to send to the user and BCC to you and that's it then just use the emails on the presentation tab as they support BCC. As is you're adding extra overhead to your install unnecessarily. Please try the presentation emails and confirm if they're sending fine or not.

Please also note I believe the Pending emails are currently bugged and do not work. The activation emails for offline payments will only send after you've paid the basket from backend.

Also regarding the emails integration does the purchasing user receive an email, but you don't. Is that correct? Or do both of you receive nothing?

Thank you for your understanding and patience in investigating this issue as I know it can get a bit tedious and tiresome.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn