[#3070] Menu disappears in Webkit browsers

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184420 by jansuhr
I have a strange problem.

Site is J1.7 CB 1.7.1

In Webkit browsers when I click "Your Profile" in the login module the mainmenu disappears. If I go to my profile from the menu it stays visible.

In Firefox it is OK.

If I check the sourcecode the menu is not there, it simply doesn't load.

Template is RocketTheme Tachyon with its own ROKmenu.

Don't know if there is something that conflicts or what, just amazed at the moment.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184421 by jansuhr
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: Menu disappears in Webkit browsers
More info to the problem.

Site is bi-lingual in Swedish and English, problem shows only when you are in the Swedish language.

If I then switch to Swedish from English (when the menu is showing) it stays visible even though I came from the link in the Login module.

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

12 years 4 months ago #184432 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Menu disappears in Webkit browsers
Could be a template/ROKmenu issue - can you please test with default Joomla items?

12 years 4 months ago #184451 by jansuhr
I have done some checking on this.

The site is set up per the instructions on multi-language. One menu per language, one template per language, that works as expected. This also require two login modules, one for each language.

What happens is that CB login module doesn't really work OK here.

If I login to the Swedish part, the login module shows "Din profil" (Your profile), klicking on that shows the URL: /se/informationuk/your-profile.html which is a mix of Swedish and English. This confuses the template setup, loading the Swedish template but with the English menu which is not shown for Swedish users.

The Menuitem shows this URL for my profile: /se/information/din-profil.html which is correct.
If I change language to English the menuitem is: /en/informationuk/your-profile.html
This is the link that shows if I login with English as language, so the problem is only when I am in the second language.

If I change language the menu association takes me to the correct link.

My conclusion on this is that the CB Login module is not properly working with the language switcher in Joommla 1.7 creating the mixed URL that is faulty.

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184459 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Menu disappears in Webkit browsers
CB isn't designed to work with Joomlas language system plugin. CB pulls the first Itemid it sees and uses it. In your case it's always the English menu item. This however is not a bug as CB was never designed to handle such scenarios. Have created the below feature ticket to track the request further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3070

Itemid determines modules as well and loading the wrong Itemid is likely resulting in modules not showing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184497 by jansuhr
Hi Kyle,

Yes I now remember, we have discussed language problems before.

I guess (hope really) that you fix this for V2.0

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn