[#3135] multiple instances of CB progress field

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #187686 by apessoa
Hello

System:
CB 1.7.1
J! 1.7.3
Latest versions of the plugins installed

I'm trying to use multiple instances of CB progress field in a user profile, to show completeness of several tabs.

However, irrespective of what fields I choose in each CB completness field, all the fields display the profile completness of the first one I installed.

a) Is there a way of making them independent?

b) I use CB conditional to show or hide fields depending on the "user profile" (namely, if he's a private user or a professional user). However, selecting fields from both profiles in the CB progress makes it display even the fields the user isn't supposed to see. Is there a way of following the "show/hide" parameters of the CB Conditional?

c) is it possible to target whole tabs instead of just fields (or select which fields to display as "incomplete" rather than just diplaying all or none)?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Alex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #187713 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: multiple instances of CB progress field

a) Is there a way of making them independent?

They already should be. Parameters are field by field based. Unless you've caching issues or are rendering the same field via substitutions in a delimiter you shouldn't get duplicate data. Could not confirm this issue.

b) I use CB conditional to show or hide fields depending on the "user profile" (namely, if he's a private user or a professional user). However, selecting fields from both profiles in the CB progress makes it display even the fields the user isn't supposed to see. Is there a way of following the "show/hide" parameters of the CB Conditional?

No, progress field doesn't integrate with CB Conditional.

c) is it possible to target whole tabs instead of just fields (or select which fields to display as "incomplete" rather than just diplaying all or none)?

Nope, the plugin is quite out of date at this point. When I get to it it will be completely rewritten with many new features, including possibly tab based rather then just field based.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #187902 by apessoa
Replied by apessoa on topic Re: multiple instances of CB progress field
Hi Kyle

Thanks for the reply.

The multiple CB Progress fields are created normally (new field >> field type >> save) and all point to different profile fields, none of wich is mandatory (all optional and not included in registration).

I've tried disabling most scripts, as they cound conflict, but the CB Progress fields still don't work. They all show the completness related to the first one I created.

Please check attached picture where two of them are displayed.

thanks in advance and best regards,
Alex
Attachments:

12 years 2 months ago #187908 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: multiple instances of CB progress field
Ah I see, was able to confirm your issue and have created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3135

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn