CB Privacy Patch File Problem

12 years 3 months ago #188289 by fader8
CB Privacy Patch File Problem was created by fader8
I had previously posted this in the Add-ons forum, but needs have dictated that I try to get this working sooner, so I'm posting here for real support.

Regarding this privacy patch , I'm having an issue with one of the patch files. Specifically the 2168a file for patching the php file.

I've installed Netbeans, full package on OSX. I've created a dummy root folder and recreated the path specified in the patch files: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprivacy and I've placed the cb.privacy xml and php files there.

1. Dragging the components folder into Netbeans to establish context, then using the apply Diff patch function, selecting the 2168b patch file, Netbeans reports the patch is successful! Good stuff.

2. However, when performing the exact same procedure with the php file and the 2168a patch file, Netbeans reports that the operation isn't possible in this context.

Checking the patch file, I see its path context is the same as the xml file's was, so I'm not seeing why it failed for this reason. I'm using the files from cb privacy 1.3. I tried downloading everything fresh and trying again, same result. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? Could there be a problem with the patch file? I tried using OSX's Unix Terminal "patch" command as well, but I just get failed hunks.

I need to try this patch as it hopefully solves a present issue we have with profile privacy, but can't quite get there yet. Hoping for suggestions! Or if anyone's successfully patched the cb.privacy.php file with the 2168a.patch file, and can share it, I'd appreciate that as well!
Thanks

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188337 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Privacy Patch File Problem
We do not provide support regarding patches. It is advised not to apply them unless you're aware of how to properly apply or diff merge patches. All patches I generate are from Joomlas root and that is where they must be applied to.

The patch doesn't fix any bug, it's a feature patch to let you set a default privacy during the registration process so when a user registers they've that default applied instead of always being publicly visible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #188345 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: CB Privacy Patch File Problem

krileon wrote: The patch doesn't fix any bug, it's a feature patch to let you set a default privacy during the registration process so when a user registers they've that default applied instead of always being publicly visible.

Thanks. Yes, I'm aware of that, and this is "exactly" the functionality I need.

We do not provide support regarding patches.

Fair enough. I'll try to get some help with it from one of the local gurus.

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

12 years 3 months ago #188353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Privacy Patch File Problem
If you're on Windows you can also use WinMerge to apply the patch. For within Netbeans create a new project with your Joomla root as the directory. Once done go to Tools > Apply Diff Patch to apply the patch to the project.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn