[#3188] CB Conditional 1.3

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #188717 by sherdog
[#3188] CB Conditional 1.3 was created by sherdog
With the 5 tabs that are available for conditions on fields or tabs do they work as an or expression?
I have a drop down with 5 choices single select and i want 3 of those choices if selected to show a tab or field.
If i select the first one of the 5 tabs it works. when I set a different value from the same drop down to the second tab my first choice no longer works.

I must be doing something wrong.

CB 1.7.1
CB conditional 1.3
Joomla 1.7.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #188881 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional 1.3
The extra conditions work as OR. I don't recommend making 5 conditions off the same field. For that you should use maybe REGEX matching on 1 condition to match against multiple values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #188954 by sherdog
Replied by sherdog on topic Re: CB Conditional 1.3
Thanks i will try this.
Do you have a good link for REGEX expressions?

12 years 2 months ago #188962 by sherdog
Using REGEX and having multiple values works.

One thing though, I have it setup on a tab and if i choose show or hide, no matter what i select as the for selections registration, profile edit, profile view they will not enable or disable they only do what the then mode is set to. So i can't show during registration and hide in the profile view as an example.

I really need help with this one.

12 years 2 months ago #188970 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional 1.3

One thing though, I have it setup on a tab and if i choose show or hide, no matter what i select as the for selections registration, profile edit, profile view they will not enable or disable they only do what the then mode is set to. So i can't show during registration and hide in the profile view as an example.

Don't understand your issue. Please clarify further. If you want the condition to apply to registration but not profile then set "Registration" to "Enabled" and "Profile View" to "Disabled".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #188972 by sherdog
Sorry for not making sense. I do have it set to Registration Enabled and Profile view Disabled. If "Then" is set to "Show" thats what both do. If "Then" is set to "Hide" again that's what both do.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn