No menu association possible with CB 1.7.1

12 years 3 months ago #189479 by erichburkhard
No menu association possible with CB 1.7.1 was created by erichburkhard
Hi everybody - I had the following infrastructure Joomla 1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / CBSubs 1.2.2 / SEO = Active. Because my site is in german and english I first established the menu item association between all the corresponding 'normal' menus and everything worked fine. Then I wanted to establish also a menu association for the CB 'Community Menu' as a whole. For this reason I set up 2 (hidden) menuitems (one menu item in english and the other one in german) linking to "index.php?option=com_comprofiler" and made the association between these 2 menu items....also this worked fine....But now I upgraded to Joomla 2.5. The upgrade has installed successfully but the only thing that didn't work properly was the CB 'Community Menu' (area) ...in one language always the message '404 category not found' appeared. I found out that there are 2 possibilities to prevent this message
1. I deactivated SEO

... or....

2. I deleted the second link to "index.php?option=com_comprofiler" and changed the language back to 'ALL'

...did I do anything wrong? Why does this 'community menu' association work with Joomla 1.7.3 but not with Joomla 2.5 ?

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189620 by krileon
CB doesn't currently support Joomlas language filter plugin (responsible for multi-lingual menus, etc..). My guess is you get the 404 because CB is pulling the Itemid of the English menu link and by Joomlas accord that menu link doesn't exist except when using English.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3070

This is scheduled for implementation in CB 1.8 Stable (note 1.8 RC scheduled for today may not have this implemented yet).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.714 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn