[SOLVED] FBC: "An error occurred. Please try again later."

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #190414 by dreadpirateroberts
I'm not sure whether I'm posting in the right place. I posted this topic already in the FC Connect category.

I currently have a professional membership so I'm guessing I might get a faster response if I post here. I hope you guys can help me with this, I've been trying everything of which I can think to get it working but alas, no joy with it.

I'm using FB Connect and I get this message whenever I try to either a) login using facebook OR b) link accounts:

An error occurred. Please try again later.

The message opens in a small pop-up window where you would expect to see a facebook login box. This has been happening for the last, oh about 24 hours.

I am using Joomla v1.5.23, CB v1.7.1, and FBC plugin v1.8.

Site URL is www.livinglink.ie .

App settings:

• Display Name - The Living Link Magazine
  • App domain - blank (as per instructions on this forum)
  • Site URL - www.livinglink.ie

I have copied the app ID and secret key from the app settings in developer.facebook.com.

Please help! I am really puzzled as to why this won't work because I'm pretty sure all the settings are correct. The URL string on the error page is

www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?api_key=APP_ID&app_id=APP_ID&client_id=APP_ID&display=popup&domain=www.livinglink.ie&locale=en_US&origin=1&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fversion%3D3%23cb%3Df332a9b940a77bc%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.livinglink.ie%252Ff26b10e22cb4b82%26relation%3Dopener%26transport%3Dpostmessage%26frame%3Df3c08fbc359ab34&response_type=token%2Csigned_request&scope=email&sdk=joey

Does anyone know what might be causing this or what I can try to get it working? I have been using CB for years on the free subscription and I have always found it to be an exceptionally useful and powerful tool for Joomla. I believe the support is generally quite good from what I've read on these forums looking for a solution to my problem. I hope to be able to find one soon because this plugin/functionality is my main reason for getting the membership in the first place. I just purchased my membership a few days ago.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #190416 by dreadpirateroberts
Replied by dreadpirateroberts on topic Re: FBC: "An error occurred. Please try again later."
I get exactly the same thing using CB Connect.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I've checked and rechecked the instructions, and I've searched the forum and while others seem to be having the problem I haven't found a solution that fixes or applies to the problem I am having.

Is anyone able or available to help? Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

12 years 1 month ago #190419 by dreadpirateroberts
Replied by dreadpirateroberts on topic Re: FBC: "An error occurred. Please try again later."
Now nothing is happening when I click the facebook sign-in button. I am using CB Connect at the moment and I have configured the plugin with the app id and key from facebook dev. The website is the access method and the web address is correct, www.livinglink.ie. The plugin is enabled and facebook registration/login is also enabled and configured.

I have tried in firefox and safari (I'm running OSX 10.6.5).

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

12 years 1 month ago #190453 by krileon
The below fatal JS errors were found in error console.
Please specify a ShareThis Publisher Key For help, contact [REMOVED]

The above looks like it's coming from the share module above your menu.

IN: templates/rt_mixxmag_j15/js/rokmoomenu.js
ON: Line 21
ul.animate is not a function

The above is coming from your drop-down menu (Home, Advertising, etc..).
FB.login() called before FB.init().

The above is due to something else loading in Facebooks API before FBC can. Please disable -all- other Facebook related extensions. This is because a 3rd party extension is loading in Facebooks API after FBC and overriding it. You can't have 2 Facebook JS libraries loaded in at the same time.

My guess is this is coming from your "Find us on Facebook" usage, which you should switch to their "iframe" usage or let FBC render it by supplying just the HTML5 of the social plugin. Do not include the "script" element.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #190515 by dreadpirateroberts
SOLVED thank you so much. I had tried disabling the facebook like box but that didn't help. What it was in the end was the 'share this' module which I completely forgot was up there. Indeed once I unpublished that in the module manager the facebook login started working right away.

Thank you for your help! It's really great to have this working.

Sorry for posting in multiple categories, just when I didn't get a response from the first post I thought I had maybe posted in the wrong place and since I have professional membership I would be better posting there.

Thank you! Or go raibh maith agat, as we say in Ireland.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn