[#3262] CB1.8RC Back to Profile Links going to User List

12 years 2 months ago #190981 by fader8
Wait a sec...

I'm publishing the CB Menu in a CB Content module. That has a menu item for viewing your profile. When I examine that link, it's pointing to the user list. Let me see if there's something I can do with that.....

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190983 by krileon
I've no idea. My best guess is it's an Itemid issue. I recommend taking the Itemid from the URL and trying to match it against the Joomla menu link.

The below is the exact source for the back link in manage connections.
echo '<div style="clear:both;padding:5px"><a href="' . cbSef( 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler' . getCBprofileItemid( true ) ) . '">' . _UE_BACK_TO_YOUR_PROFILE . '</a></div>';

Its URL is to the users own profile, but if it has the wrong Itemid Joomla will route it to whatever the URL for that Itemid is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190988 by fader8

krileon wrote: My best guess is it's an Itemid issue.

You are probably right! Thanks for the info, I'll keep sleuthing.....

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

12 years 2 months ago #190992 by krileon
Looks like it's due to accesslevel returning just 1 accesslevel. For example when getting the accesslevel of an admin it should give Public, Registered, and Special. However, it looks like on J1.5 it's only giving Special (same for your other users as they're Authors). This results in the public and published menu link never used. I've created a Hidden menu with all 3 accesslevels assigned to menu links to resolve this for you as a workaround and confirmed working. Have also created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3262

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fader8

12 years 2 months ago #190999 by fader8
THANKS KYLE!!!

Works like a charm, and I'm glad it uncovered a possible snag in the code under certain conditions. Things like this just help to make CB even more robust.

Have a great monday!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn