[#3341] onAfterUserUpdate regression in v1.8

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #193917 by c_schmitz
Hello

In CB versions before 1.8 the onAfterUserUpdate event was either not fired after a user clicked on the link in the confirmation email OR it was fired but the $userObject->password was NULL.

In 1.8 after clicking the confirmation link first the onAfterUserConfirm and then the onAfterUserUpdate is fired BUT $userObject->password contains the hash code you can find in the password field in the Joomla user table.

We are using a CB plugin to sync the passwords on different websites and this change makes it very hard to do because usually when onAfterUserUpdate is fired (if a user has updated his profile) the password field was null (password was not changed) or contained the real password - but never a hash.

Why was this changed? How can I tell that this event was fired right after onAfterUserConfirm and so I can ignore the password.

Regards

Carsten

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194051 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: onAfterUserUpdate regression in v1.8
Well we updated the direct database functions to use triggers now as it was needed for 3rd parties to be aware of users block state for example. However, some locations shouldn't fire a CB trigger like you're experiencing and have added the below bug ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3341

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194060 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Re: onAfterUserUpdate regression in v1.8
Thank you very much. I hope a fix will make it into 1.81.

12 years 1 month ago #194104 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: onAfterUserUpdate regression in v1.8
Absolutely, we've already fixed this for 1 function; don't see why we can't fix it for another. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn