[SOLVED] CB E-mails not sent via Gmail smtp server

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195327 by grabit
Hi,

I am using CB 1.8 (and 1.7.1 before with the same problem). Joomla 1.5.25.

I have set my mailing system to SMTP
port: 465
SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com

All system e-mails works well except the CB messages.

When I resend a confirmation e-mail to one person the CB says sent confirmation emails to 1 users but nothing in the mailbox nor in the sent messages of the gmail account.

If I try to ask for a password: "Password reset failed"

It is just like CB didn't like using the smtp server.

I must have done a misconfiguration somewhere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195333 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB E-mails not sent via Gmail smtp server
Host needs to include the port. Please try the following.

Host: smtp.gmail.com:465

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195349 by grabit
Thanks for your fast answer but still not working.

So, I tried with the port in the host and with and without port at the port field. Nothing happens from CB all the other mails are sent.

12 years 1 month ago #195354 by krileon
Please test with Joomla mass mailer and confirm is working. Then test with CB mass mailer (in CB > User Management) and confirm if is working. If both aren't working then something is wrong with the settings. If just CB isn't working please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195359 by grabit
Joomla mass mailing is working fine
CB mass mailing gives error

I will send you a PM with link and access

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195377 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and compared to Google webmaster SMTP instructions and was not configured properly. Unlike Joomla CB does not fallback to PHP Mailer when SMTP or Sendmail fail, which is why the emails from Joomla still functioned. I've reconfigured the mailer settings and confirmed is now working. For those curious the below settings are needed for Google SMTP.

Mailer: SMTP Server
SMTP Authentication: Yes
SMTP Security: SSL
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Username: Your Google Username
SMTP Password: Your Google Password
SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, grabit

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn