Custom User List with the ability to sort by ratin

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204054 by GeniusBrenda
Hello

I need to create a Custom User List with the ability to sort by rating or by user criteria specific to each user's preferences
This user list must be able to display the age and score custom field which I created in comunity builder

!!!Please see the pictures atached

It has to be exactly like guests.met-art.com/models/top/

I also need the ability to change the size of the avatars pictures that will appear on the user list

I have a professional membership here at joomlapolis, but if this requires extra ayment please let me know

Thank you
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
11 years 9 months ago #204091 by krileon
Assuming however you're rating users is a CB field (rating field maybe?) you should be able to just select it from "Sort By" when editing your userlist. Regarding letting users sort by rating, no such feature exists. Users can only search and not sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
11 years 9 months ago #204139 by GeniusBrenda
Hello Kyle
Thank you for your response I get your point,
Now, how can I create a member list with the ability to adjust the width and height of avatar sizes as well as display the name, age, or any other field from community builder on this member list? Please see the attached image above earlier

If this requires me to pay to have this feature please let me know, I'm desperatly looking for help

Thank you
Attachments:
11 years 9 months ago #204176 by krileon
Best approach for that is to use purely CSS. Set within the first column of your userlist the following.

Profile Picture
Formatname
Score

Then use CSS to float or using display: inline-block to make them all squared. Example as follows.
.cbUserListT_## tbody tr {
    display: inline-block;
    width: 100px;
    height: 150px;
    margin: 10px;
    text-align: center;
}

.cbUserListT_## tbody tr td {
    display: inline-block;
    width: 90px;
    height: 140px;
    text-align: center;
}

With the above replace ## with the id of the userlist. Please note this is just an example and you'll probably need to make adjustments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
11 years 9 months ago #204224 by GeniusBrenda
Ok, Thank you for your guidance
But i am quite lost: where on my site do I find the CSS File to edit?
What is the name of this css file?
11 years 9 months ago #204271 by krileon
Typically you add custom CSS to your Joomla template CSS file as it's least likely to change. You can add it to your CB template CSS file, but every CB upgrade you'd lose those changes. Please understand it is simply an example, do not expect it to instantly work unless you've only populated column 1 of your userlist and you've set the appropriate listid in the CSS replacing ##.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn