[#3644] LinkedIn changed API, CB_Connect partly broken

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #207644 by securepro
Just installed CB_Connect and got the LinkedIn authentication to work in about 2 minutes following the instructions. :woohoo:

Started linking fields and data is not flowing in from LinkedIn to all the fields. Did a little research and (confirmed by LinkedIn employee) found that LinkedIn made changes to their API earlier this week. :dry:

During authentication, the LinkedIn API now needs a "scope" variable defined to "r_fullprofile" in order to pass profile fields outside of a newly defined Basic profile. This allows the user to decide how much information LinkedIn should share with an application.

POST example,
https://api.linkedin.com/uas/oauth/requestToken?scope=r_fullprofile

More info at: LinkedIn Developer Page

My guess is that Joomlapolis will need some time to assimilate the LinkedIn API changes.

In the short term, is there a way to hardcode the "scope=r_fullprofile" into CB_Connect? Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #207653 by krileon
Added bug ticket for further investigation and implementation. It's possible to hard code it, but I've no intentions of suggesting such usage. Instead will implement properly in a new release next week.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3644

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agbkorf

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #207962 by agbkorf
i have download plug_cbconnect-339.zip on august 15th (yesterday) I am wondering if the supposed fix was in that package. If so, then I have a problem with LinkedIN CB Connect on my site.

I have installed twitter and facebook connect without any problem. Als did the LinkedIN install as described in the help (nice job btw) but the button does nothing. In IE it does respond to button down, but in chrome it does nothingg when you click it.

Livesite www.farikogaming.com

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #207964 by krileon
It's fixed (confirmed) in 3.3.9. If a button does nothing then you configured it wrong and the social site is kicking back a JS error; check browser error log. You can see on your site in browser error log "You must specify a valid JavaScript API Domain as part of this key's configuration.", which means you didn't follow "Help" as instructed and did not configure your application properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agbkorf

11 years 8 months ago #208008 by agbkorf
u r correct, my bad, i missed 2 entries :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn