[SOLVED] Auto login and auto password generation

11 years 7 months ago #209336 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Auto login and auto password generation

Based off your configuration it should send with the Pending email.

Like I said my configuration is not set for send Pending message because users must not confirm their email and account is set for be created without admin approval. Actually I never get the pending message but always the welcome message.

If I disable my Auto-Action (the one who allow me to Auto-login immediately after registration), I get without problem the message with generated password. Is only when I enable this action the password is missing. So the problem seem to be here.. Maybe is necessary to adapt something in your Auto-login trick ??

My Auto-Action Email is the first in the Action list and I use the trigger onAfterUserRegistration...but like I said password tag is not substituted.

??

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #209350 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto login and auto password generation
I see the problem. Reviewed source and the email is sent with the activation function, which is done after the registration trigger. I don't see a trigger you'll be able to use unfortunately as they all fire directly before the email instead of after the email. You'll need to replace the welcome email with a CB Auto Actions email and order it before the login then use [password]. You'll probably need to swap your triggers to onUserActive as well so the activation function can still perform its tasks (this is fired directly before the email, but it won't send if you do a redirect).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #209358 by dotcom22
I make some test but without success.

I'm supposed to add 2 triggers for the same action or only to swap to onUserActive ?

I tried to:

Test1:

- Email Action with onUserActive
- Auto-Login Action with onUserActive

Test2:

- Email Action with onAfterUserRegistration
- Auto-Login Action with onUserActive

Test3:

- Email Action with onUserActive
- Auto-Login Action with onAfterUserRegistration

The email action is always first and actually I don't have make any redirection after Auto-Login (even if a would like do that).

Any others suggestions?

However even if I can send correctly the password with Email Action, the default welcome email still sent too. Is possible to not send the welcome email if Email action is correctly sent ?

11 years 7 months ago #209391 by krileon
You'll likely need to swap your trigger usage to onUserActive instead of the after registration trigger.

However even if I can send correctly the password with Email Action, the default welcome email still sent too. Is possible to not send the welcome email if Email action is correctly sent ?

Empty the subject and body of the welcome email in CB > Configuration > Registration and it'll stop sending.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #209465 by dotcom22

You'll likely need to swap your trigger usage to onUserActive instead of the after registration trigger.

Ok I do that in both action..

Empty the subject and body of the welcome email in CB > Configuration > Registration and it'll stop sending.

I do that too and the default welcome message is no more sent. However the password is always not substituted in the Auto-Action email.

Any others suggestions please?

11 years 7 months ago #209481 by krileon
It only sends the password sent with the POST. As randomly generated don't send anything in post there is nothing to email. Will need to review adding a usecase to CB Auto Actions to check for generated password and add it as a substitution. Bug ticket as follows for further investigation for a later release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3679

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: dotcom22

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn