[SOLVED] Auto login and auto password generation

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209282 by dotcom22
hello

I would like allow only some specific users to register new others users from front-end and to auto-login immediately after registration. For do that my registration form contain only:

- First Name
- Last name
- Email
- CB Database Lookup field (this field is used for allow only my specific users to register new user)

Then inside Configuration I set the option "Autogenerate Password" to Yes and for make the immediate Auto-Login I implemented this solution:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/185909-solved-automatic-login-after-registration#185947

The configuration is also set for not require any user confirmation or admin approval.

All work fine except the fact the new registered user do not receive his standard welcome email who must contain his generated password. This seem to happen because I use the Auto-Login trick.

So I don't know here how to do for send only once the generated password. I tried to see if this is possible using Auto-Action Private Message but no trigger AfterFirstUserLogin is proposed. Even if this trigger was available, I don't know if the message could be sent always because I use the Auto-Login trick.

Any clue please ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #209304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto login and auto password generation
You may want to also use CB Auto Actions to send them an email before login action. Assuming you're using the after registration trigger I'm not sure why the email process was interrupted unless emails flat out don't work. Try disabling CB Auto Actions then register normally and see if any email is received.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209309 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Auto login and auto password generation
Sorry I made some mess with some other actions and is the reason why I did not get the welcome email.

However now I get correctly welcome email but the problem is the generated password are not present inside the message. I has only the password title without the password itself...that mean like that:

Password:

any suggestions?

11 years 8 months ago #209316 by krileon
You need to send the password in the Pending email I believe. Alternatively you can of course use CB Auto Actions to send an email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209326 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Auto login and auto password generation

You need to send the password in the Pending email I believe.

Yes maybe but this message is only sent if user must confirm his email or if admin must approve his account. Both feature are disabled at my side otherwise the Auto-Login feature can not work.

I tested to set an Email Auto-Action but even if the message is well sent, the password tag is not substituted with the real password.

I tried with pass: [password] and [PASSWORD] but no change.

Any clue?

Actually I have not again installed CBsubs and maybe is possible to do something with it ?

11 years 8 months ago #209334 by krileon
I've no idea then. Works fine in all my tests. Generated passwords can be sent with Welcome and/or Pending email based off configuration. Based off your configuration it should send with the Pending email. Try using an Email action before the login auto action and send the [password] substitution to see if that works.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn