[#3852] CB Verify Email - Hide this field for specific plans

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #218141 by dotcom22
hello

I use CB Verify Email who add a second email field and all work well. The problem is I would like hide (in edit profile) the primary Email field for some specific users/plan and this can be done using Tab&Field protection plugin. But when I do that, the second email field is not hidden..

Have you a trick who allow to hide also the secondary email field in edit mode ?

I know it sound strange to disallow user to see/edit their email. But I need to avoid email modifications for some specific users only because in that case, I must take care to update manually and immediately their address in others software.

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #218189 by krileon
It uses the __verify naming structure the same as the password field does with its second field so it should hide fine. Are you able to hide it on registration using the hide on registration settings found on the workflows tab of your plan? This will help know if CBSubs isn't seeing it at all or just CBSubs Field Tab Protection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #218215 by dotcom22

Are you able to hide it on registration using the hide on registration settings found on the workflows tab of your plan?

I just tested and both fields are well hidden. So it seem something is wrong with CBSubs Field Tab Protection.

thank

11 years 3 months ago #218226 by krileon
If it's working how I think it's working try ordering within CB > Plugin Management the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection plugin to be after the CB Verify Email plugin. This should allow its field output to take place over the verify email plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #218237 by dotcom22
I checked and CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection plugin is published after CB Verify Email plugin... :blink:

11 years 3 months ago #218248 by krileon
Ok, it's a bug in CB Verify Email then. I need to have it check that the first input exists before appending a second. Have added the below bug ticket to investigate and fix for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3852

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn