subscription based field access

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #220180 by tgribble
subscription based field access was created by tgribble
hello again

from the front end , is it possible to have it so that from a cb_subs list, a person in a specific subscription plan can edit a field in another members profile?

what we have is all members have a radio licence date (cb_radioexpiry) field in their profile.

our "radio officer" needs to be able to adjust this date, but the radio officer does not have moderator privileges in cb_subs and therefore is not able to adjust a members profile in the way a "committee member" can ( does this make sense - i hope so ! )

i guess i am asking if it is possible to have levels of moderation of user profiles by different ACL or groups. is there a plugin for this?

in the image it is where i would like to be able to have the radio officer click to adjust the field

thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #220223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic subscription based field access

from the front end , is it possible to have it so that from a cb_subs list, a person in a specific subscription plan can edit a field in another members profile?

Only if the user doing the editing is a CB Moderator using CB Core Fields Ajax to make the field ajax on userlist. Alternative is to develop a new CB fieldtype plugin to allow this.

i guess i am asking if it is possible to have levels of moderation of user profiles by different ACL or groups. is there a plugin for this?

You absolutely can have different levels of CB moderation. Example ACL setup as follows.

- Super Moderator
- - Super Awesome Moderator
- - - Super Mega Awesome Moderator

CB Moderator Usergroup: Moderator

All parents of the group selected will become CB moderators as well. So this can be used to offer different ACL access, but still have CB moderator privileges.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #220268 by tgribble
Replied by tgribble on topic subscription based field access

Only if the user doing the editing is a CB Moderator using CB Core Fields Ajax to make the field ajax on userlist.

ok, one more issue: what i dont wish to enable is for the radio officer to be able to edit the entire profile, just the ajax'd fields. upon editing, unless the radio officer has view and moderate privileges in the configuration there are problems.

if they are not moderator, you cant adjust the info at all
if they are not view, after adjusting it does not allow the changes to the field.

any suggestions?

Also: i think i found a bug - when you adjust the field from the profile it saves ok to the database field, however when updating is done from a list the field becomes NULL in the database.

thanks

11 years 3 months ago #220305 by krileon
I don't think you can adjust the profile edit permission on a user group by user group basis, but you can try within CB > User Management > Options > Permissions adjusting the Edit permission to see if that'll do the trick.

Also: i think i found a bug - when you adjust the field from the profile it saves ok to the database field, however when updating is done from a list the field becomes NULL in the database.

You need to be more specific as to what field. You also need to check that you've latest CB Core Fields Ajax downloaded from Professional downloads section.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #220356 by tgribble
Replied by tgribble on topic subscription based field access
hello

I don't think you can adjust the profile edit permission on a user group by user group basis, but you can try within CB > User Management > Options > Permissions adjusting the Edit permission to see if that'll do the trick.

no it didnt work, would be great if this would work, as it would limit usergroups to being able to edit certain information only rather than being able to edit the entire profile ( good for task sharing and delegation of info updating )

You need to be more specific as to what field

the field is cb_radioexpiry. in the below image , in the "Profile View" ajax editing - the database works ok, in the "Userlist View" editing , the database recieves a NULL value from the ajax editing

You also need to check that you've latest CB Core Fields Ajax downloaded from Professional downloads section.

CB Core Ajax field plugin version 1.4.9 is the installed version - it is in the section you described.

thanks again
Attachments:

11 years 3 months ago #220382 by krileon

no it didnt work, would be great if this would work, as it would limit usergroups to being able to edit certain information only rather than being able to edit the entire profile ( good for task sharing and delegation of info updating )

We'll be improving the permissions usage with future releases of CB, but for now I've no solution for you aside from making the user a CB Moderator.

the field is cb_radioexpiry. in the below image , in the "Profile View" ajax editing - the database works ok, in the "Userlist View" editing , the database recieves a NULL value from the ajax editing

Looks like a bug caused by a fix. Have confirmed and created the below bug ticket to investigate and fix for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3903

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn