CB Invites issue

11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #222351 by whitetigeritaly
CB Invites issue was created by whitetigeritaly
I'm using CB Invites.

In the footer there is:
Profile [username] : <a href="[profile]">[profile]</a></p>

But I receive this:
Profilo/Profile <USERNAME> : http://<URL>/profilo-utente
in other words there are not the correct link to profile of the user but only the string "profilo-utente" and the message
"You must Login or Register to view or modify your profile."

The menu item "User Profile (mandatory!)" is "Public" (but the Menu Item Type is "Logout").

In addition, the box for the body doesn't even have a little editor.
So user write the carriage returns but the text does not wrap.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago #222410 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Invites issue
Joomla version? CB version? CB Invites version? Latest CB Invites is 3.0.0. Please upgrade if you have not done so yet. URLs appear to be working fine here for me. Perhaps you've some sort of SEF extension that is incorrectly rewriting the URL? You can modify the Invite email within CB > Plugin Management > CB Invites > Config > Invites > Invite.

This is normal. It's a textarea without HTML support by default. You can enable HTML support within CB > Plugin Management > CB Invites > Config > Mode. Invite message is meant to be short text, not a paragraph or anything of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #222426 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic CB Invites issue

krileon wrote: Joomla version? CB version? CB Invites version? URLs appear to be working fine here for me. Perhaps you've some sort of SEF extension that is incorrectly rewriting the URL? You can modify the Invite email within CB > Plugin Management > CB Invites > Config > Invites > Invite.

This is normal. It's a textarea without HTML support by default. You can enable HTML support within CB > Plugin Management > CB Invites > Config > Mode. Invite message is meant to be short text, not a paragraph or anything of the sort.

I'm sorry, I don't want argue with you but no, it's not normal.
For me and for you is normal, but not tinking about a simple user that write in a box inserting a Carriage Return.
If must be so, then it is need a text field with a only row, not a box. Ot at least it is need a comment near to box. I'll modify template with a little help.

About the problem.
1) You have logged in yesterday. J=2.5.9 - CB: 1.9 - CBA: 3.0.0
2) The "mode" it is HTML

About SEF. In Joomla was disabled and in SH404SEF the option "Enable URL optimization" was "No". Now I cleared also the cache and the URL is:
SERVER/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=262

But the problem rests because when I click over the link I see again the message:
"You must Login or Register to view or modify your profile"

However SEF is strategic for us and it is not possible disable it.

=====================
What is ITEMID=262?
The user is 46

11 years 3 weeks ago #222436 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Invites issue
Have added the below bug ticket to investigate linebreaks being stripped.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3926

Was able to find the cause of the profile URL not working properly. Have created the below bug ticket for further investigation and fixing for next release. Please see bug ticket for a workaround.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3925

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitetigeritaly

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds