CBSubs Mailer Issue

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #224452 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Mailer Issue
The error appears to be coming from Joomlas own API call to JAccess::checkGroup. Please ensure you're using Joomla 2.5.9. Once up to date confirm if issue persists or not. If it does please navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager > Databases and see if any issues were found that Joomla can fix. Please also the below Joomla article regarding fixing the assets table.

docs.joomla.org/Fixing_the_assets_table

This appears to be a known issue when migrating from Joomla 1.5. Please see the below Joomla forum topic regarding it.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=769726

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #224458 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic CBSubs Mailer Issue
Gents,

Second thought. My problem is still here. I still have my J1.5 site running and checked the mailers against the J1.5 mailers and they are identical. Non of the mailers will process messages. For example, I run a 30 Day notice. The criteria is 1 Month Before the Expiration Date. I have 14 folks that expire on May 1, 2013. I can query them from Paid Subscription and they are active. I cannot diagnosis this issue. I've turned the Joomla Debug on and sent the messages. I noticed that there was a "versions" error in that log I sent to you. I have uninstalled it, problem still exists. I reinstalled CBSubs and the problem is still there.

At this point, I've exhausted all my diagnostic abilities. I'm willing to pay you gents for helping me resolve this issue. At this point, this is highly critical for us. Can you help?

Thanks,
Joe

11 years 1 month ago #224466 by krileon
Please see my above reply. It's an issue in Joomla when migrating from J1.5. The forum post at the bottom of my reply has solutions as well as links to other topics with additional solutions to try. The article entry from Joomla also should help in resolving this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #224473 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic CBSubs Mailer Issue
Kyle,

Thanks! Interesting that when I turn off the system cache, I seem to be making progress with this issue. I'm using the System Cache and I have Cache Cleaner from Nonumber installed. Have you had any experiences with these causing issues?

Thanks,
Joe

11 years 1 month ago #224477 by krileon

Have you had any experiences with these causing issues?

Nope, cache shouldn't even work in backend as it's only for frontend caching.

From what I can see based off the forum post on Joomlas forums is it could be a bad entry in the assets table. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as phpmyadmin login credentials and will see if I can fix it for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

11 years 1 month ago #224490 by krileon
I've repaired your _assets database table and appears to be working fine now. The reason this happens is on J2.5 when migrating from J1.5 you end up with rows in _assets that have a parent of 0, but only row with id of 1 should be 0 and all others at the least be 1; I've corrected the other 0 parent rows and the error appears to be gone. Please test and confirm is working fine for you now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds