SOLVED: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #232180 by saville
can anyone help- got a major crash at both front and beck end of my Joomla installation, after I inadvertently edited default_language.php.

I've tried replacing the file with no success. Is there a simple solution or a replacement file available, can I restore com_profiler through ftp, or do I have to rebuild my site?

Please help- it is supposed to go live tomorrow!

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #232183 by krileon
You possibly added an uncommented quote when making your changes. Re-install CB to clear your changes, find where you made your changes and revert your changes, or edit your changes and ensure " or ' are escaped with \ as needed depending on what the surrounding quotes are.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago #232185 by saville
Thanks for your fast reply. You guys really are awesome.

As I have no access to my back end, how's best to reinstall community builder? Is it just a matter of unzipping com_comprofiler locally and replacing files on the server, or is it more complex than that?

Thank you.

10 years 7 months ago #232186 by saville
Joomla back end that is- I do have access to all site files via ftp.

10 years 7 months ago #232187 by krileon
Best option in your case is to edit your language file again and fix the broken string. Opening in an IDE like PHPStorm, Netbeans, etc.. should cause a red error to show on the debug bar to help find the problem. If you want to replace the files then you'll need to unpack com_comprofiler.zip then unpack pluginsfiles.tgz for clean language files to replace your existing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saville

10 years 7 months ago #232194 by saville
Kyle, good sir, you are a legend. Thank you muchly.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn