[#4178] Problem with link to manage connections

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #232449 by ricco1
Hi,

I have this problem which I've been trying to sort all day and I will be very grateful if you could help me please.

I have a hidden menu with 4 items in it:

1. User profile ( CB Mandatory)
(Alias: profiles)

2. User registration
(Alias: registration)

3. Login
(Alias: login)

4. Lost password
(Alias: lostpassword)

On the CB login module when a user receives a connection request if he/she clicks on the link it goes to: ../registration/manageconnections

When the user is on his profile if he clicks on the Manage connections link from the CB menu the URL is: ../profiles/manageconnections

If I unpublish #2 User registration the URL from the CB login module changes to ../profiles/manageconnections but I need the User registration published.

How to have all links to Manage Connections point to ../profiles/manageconnections?

I need this because I've assigned different template to user registration and when I click on the link from the CB login module the template changes which I don't want.

Thank you
Best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #232508 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with link to manage connections
CB Login module will always use the registration link if it's available. If it isn't then it'll use the profile link. Only way to change this is to edit the CB Login module and force a different itemid to the manage connections link. You could also use the CB Workflows module to display connection requests instead of displaying them in the CB Login module and it may always use the profile menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #232539 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Problem with link to manage connections
Hi Kyle!

Thank you for the reply.

By "edit the CB Login module" do you mean to edit the core files?

What I'm trying to achieve is to have a clean registration page.

If I click on the "You have 1 connection request(s)" link from the CB Workflows module it also goes to ../registration/manageconnections and it's also not using the profile menu item.

Best regards
Ricco

10 years 8 months ago #232609 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with link to manage connections

By "edit the CB Login module" do you mean to edit the core files?

Yes, but I can not help you with core edits as we do not support them.

If I click on the "You have 1 connection request(s)" link from the CB Workflows module it also goes to ../registration/manageconnections and it's also not using the profile menu item.

Then it unfortunately works the same as the CB Login module. I've created the below bug ticket to review this for next release. Unfortunately I have nothing to propose at this time other than don't use the connection notification in any module.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4178

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #232670 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Problem with link to manage connections
OK, thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn