[SOLVED] Installing bot_subs_300.zip

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #232826 by jfredball
[SOLVED] Installing bot_subs_300.zip was created by jfredball
I've been working through the installation of CBSubs plugins (first time to use CBSubs) and am attempting to install the content protection plugin per the instructions on pp. 129-130 of the manual.

When I use the joomla backend extension manager to install bot_subs_300.zip, I get this error:

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Warning: Failed to move file!

Can you point me in the right direction?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #232839 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installing bot_subs_300.zip
Permissions issue typically. Check Site > System Information > Permissions and ensure all is green. If not then fix the permissions as needed. Often the tmp and cache folder paths are incorrect, which you can correct in Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #232847 by jfredball
Replied by jfredball on topic Installing bot_subs_300.zip
I had three unwritable (red) areas: configuration.php, Log directory and Temp. I see the configuration.php permissions are off, but the permissions appear to be the same as the green areas for logs and tmp:

drwxr-xr-x 2 jfb7916 pg1988976 31 Apr 26 13:12 cache
drwxr-xr-x 16 jfb7916 pg1988976 4096 Aug 13 11:44 components
-r--r--r-- 1 jfb7916 pg1988976 2083 Aug 13 13:29 configuration.php
drwxr-xr-x 6 jfb7916 pg1988976 4096 Aug 13 12:49 images
drwxr-xr-x 2 jfb7916 pg1988976 4096 Apr 26 13:12 includes
-rw-r--r-- 1 jfb7916 pg1988976 1319 Apr 26 13:12 index.php
drwxr-xr-x 2 jfb7916 pg1988976 51 Jun 5 10:32 logs
drwxr-xr-x 14 jfb7916 pg1988976 4096 Aug 13 11:44 plugins
drwxr-xr-x 9 jfb7916 pg1988976 150 Aug 13 13:26 templates
drwxr-xr-x 2 jfb7916 pg1988976 31 Aug 13 13:29 tmp

(I removed several lines, just for a more concise view.)

chmod 644 configuration.php has no effect (still red). I'm guessing that there's another username trying to write to these files?

10 years 8 months ago #232849 by krileon

Log directory and Temp

Those two are your main concern. Specifically "Temp" as it's where Joomla will attempt to move the install package after upload. You need to ensure the path to your Temp directory is correct within Joomla global configuration. You then need to ensure it's completely write accessible (usually 755 should be fine, but you can try 775). Most likely though the path to the Temp directory is just incorrect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #232856 by jfredball
Replied by jfredball on topic Installing bot_subs_300.zip
The paths are fine — checked and rechecked. Something's not right, though. I temporarily set the configuration.php file to 777, logged out of the backend and came back in, and it still showed as red.

10 years 8 months ago #232859 by krileon
It's fine to ignore configuration.php write access check. It won't hurt the upload process. You need to ensure the Temp path is showing green now.

It's either failing to move from PHPs tmp directory to Joomlas temp directory or failing to move from Joomlas temp directory to plugins/system/cbsubsbot/. Ensure plugins/ and plugins/system/ permissions are also set correctly (should be 755, but can try 775).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn