[#4239] enable user to hide blocked profile fields

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #233018 by uscheibn
Hi,

how can i enable my users to hide fields in the profile.

I created fields for the registration process that contain the address of a user. This address fields are partially not allowed to be changed hence the content cant be deleted. Is there any other way that i can set up to enable users to hide those fields if they wish?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #233080 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic enable user to hide blocked profile fields
CB Privacy, once installed and enabled within CB > Plugin Management you'll need to edit your fields and enable user privacy controls for them. You can also enable privacy controls for entire tabs if you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: uscheibn

10 years 7 months ago #233500 by uscheibn
Replied by uscheibn on topic enable user to hide blocked profile fields
Hi, I activated the privacy plugin and managed to show the privacy options in the profile configuration. But I also have this privacy button now on my registration page. Can I hide it from there?

10 years 7 months ago #233521 by krileon
Only way to hide it at registration is to use CSS. Below will hide privacy controls on registration.
.cbRegistration .privacyPopover {
	display: none;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: uscheibn, pepperstreet

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #233702 by uscheibn
Replied by uscheibn on topic enable user to hide blocked profile fields
Thanks. It works!

10 years 7 months ago #233719 by krileon
I'll add a parameter with next release to let you turn off its display on registration.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4239

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn