Hiding listdropdown on userlists

10 years 7 months ago #234453 by who_else
Hiding listdropdown on userlists was created by who_else
Hi,

i created some userlists. If a user clicks on a link, to see that user list, he will also see a dropdown menu, where he can choose another list.

How can i hide that?
Thanks.

BTW: Any idea, when 1.10 will be available?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #234494 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hiding listdropdown on userlists

How can i hide that?

Yes, add the below CSS to your Joomla template CSS file.
.cbUserListChanger #listid {
    visibility: hidden;
}

BTW: Any idea, when 1.10 will be available?

Probably by end of October. I pushed its release by another month as there was more work than I expected and it was taking longer than I expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #234505 by who_else
Replied by who_else on topic Hiding listdropdown on userlists
Thank you so much. Unfortunately i was waiting for feature # 4246, because that is a showstopper for me, so i hoped, i could implement something these days. :-(
I understand, that you need time to have a good version to get out the door, not just one, where you have to patch over again ...

So, what could i do?

Re: feature # 4246: I understood it that way, that i can (multiselect) the (searchable) fields, which should apply to that specific userlist. So i can have different userlists (and searches) with common and different fields to search in, right?

10 years 7 months ago #234507 by krileon

So, what could i do?

There's nothing you can do but wait for 1.10.0, sorry. You could use userlists as is and accept that it doesn't do what you're wanting exactly for the time being then when 1.10.0 is out you can edit your userlists to fit your needs exactly using the new parameter.

Re: feature # 4246: I understood it that way, that i can (multiselect) the (searchable) fields, which should apply to that specific userlist. So i can have different userlists (and searches) with common and different fields to search in, right?

Once 1.10.0 is released you'll edit your userlist and select "Specific searchable fields" for "Searchable fields:". Once you do it'll display directly below it the new parameter "Fields to search:". This parameter is a multi-select with all your CB fields that are marked searchable. You select exactly what fields you want to be displayed as search criteria for your userlist. Yes, this will provide exactly as requested.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234860 by who_else
Replied by who_else on topic Hiding listdropdown on userlists
Hiding the list did work, as a matter of fact, but now the website is VERY slow on Firefox, while being fast as usual on Chrome or IE. Strange, huh? Any update on 1.10?

10 years 6 months ago #234884 by krileon

Hiding the list did work, as a matter of fact, but now the website is VERY slow on Firefox, while being fast as usual on Chrome or IE. Strange, huh?

It's just basic CSS to hide a single element. I've no clue how or why it'd cause your site to be slow in Firefox.

Any update on 1.10?

Still working on it. You can monitor my progress below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn