[#4359] Placeholder on CB field

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238028 by janvan
[#4359] Placeholder on CB field was created by janvan
Hello, it's there a way with or without hack to use the label of the field as a placeholder (HTML5 placeholder?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238036 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Placeholder on CB field
No, there's no placeholder feature built into CB. You'd need to use jQuery to add it to the DOM.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238054 by janvan
Replied by janvan on topic Placeholder on CB field
Could you point me on the files in CB where the fields are renderer, so I could hack the code (plugin or component) to add them by default (even if I don't like add), add placeholder using jquery it's quite not a good solution.

10 years 4 months ago #238079 by krileon

Could you point me on the files in CB where the fields are renderer, so I could hack the code (plugin or component) to add them by default (even if I don't like add)

No, we do not support core hacks. So I can not advise you on core edits.

add placeholder using jquery it's quite not a good solution.

Placeholders have no functionality beyond visual, which jQuery can add just fine nearly instantly as it's an attribute add. You could just grab the label to the left of it and add it as a placeholder attribute. This would avoid any and all core edits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238281 by janvan
Replied by janvan on topic Placeholder on CB field
Adding Javascript processing, due to a "limitation" of code server. That's really not a "perfect solution".

If you were writing the code from stratch you will not add your placeholder with javascript but using the HTML5 syntax directly.

I prefer to have a clean server code than a "patch" or workaround with javascript. Even if for that I need to handle myself "merge" issue for newer version.

But I understand that this is out of our support.

10 years 4 months ago #238299 by krileon
Have implemented a parameter for supported fieldtypes to supply a language string and substitution supported placeholder value for CB 2.0 (next release).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4359

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn