[#4409] IDev and Pixel Tracking

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #239949 by Strategisto2da
[#4409] IDev and Pixel Tracking was created by Strategisto2da
Hi, I'm using IDev's integration with CBsubs to track and pay my affiliates. When a payment is made the sale and commission is not being calculated. I contacted IDev support and they indicated that CBSubs would need to make the fix. I have pasted their email response below which seems to indicate that the problem is with passing the sale information to the tracking pixel. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Mike

Email from IDev....

Hi Mike. CB Subs has the integration built-in to their system. You'll need to contact them about the sale amount not being passed in the tracking pixel. Information about the error is below (you'll probably want to sent this to them as well for troubleshooting):

A processing error means iDevAffiliate isn't receiving the commission amount from the tracking pixel. Your pixel is being output incorrectly.

Bad Examples:

Amount Missing: &idev_saleamt=
Amount Null: &idev_saleamt=0.00
Amount Invalid: &idev_saleamt=0.01

In any of the 3 examples above iDevAffiliate throws a processing error because it can't calculate the commission based on the received sale amount.

Good Example: $idev_saleamt=19.99

Check your tracking pixel to make sure the code is setup properly according to our instructions. Check to make sure you're using a valid variable that is populating the sale amount properly and check to make sure it's formatted correctly. You can usually see the output of the pixel in a browser which makes troubleshooting easier. You should see this pixel look like one of the 3 "bad" examples above.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239960 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic IDev and Pixel Tracking
We don't use their tracking pixel API. We use GET to call the sale.php directly. You can find our usage in the below file.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsidevaf/cbsubs.idevaf.php

We are setting the amount as follows.

'&idev_saleamt=' . urlencode( $price )

$price comes from $item->getPrice(), which should be the exact price of the basket item.

If you've debug information within iDev regarding the failed commission please provide it so I can see what price iDev is receiving.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239968 by Strategisto2da
Replied by Strategisto2da on topic IDev and Pixel Tracking
Feeling like a ping pong ball here...

This is notification I get for the transaction in IDev:

Check Your Cart Integration - The commission amount was less than 1 penny or the sale amount was not received.

This is what IDev said:

They need to troubleshoot their own system. They are showing the variable that are using to obtain the sale amount:

urlencode( $price )

That value is EMPTY and they will need to troubleshoot to find out why. It's their system producing this value, not ours.

Help!!!

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #239996 by krileon
Is your plan a free plan or being discounted to free? When viewing your basket within CBSubs is there any rows that have a price of $0?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #240001 by Strategisto2da
Replied by Strategisto2da on topic IDev and Pixel Tracking
Hi Kyle, I have several subscription options one of which offers a free first month. This is the subscription that is not triggering IDev. When the subscriber pays immediately for the membership without the free month then IDev triggers the commission. So the problem is only with the subscription offering a free first month.

There are "0"s in the basket under the heading "amount single" and "first" the heading "recurring" had $14.95.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #240017 by krileon
You can't have free commissions in iDev so it'll cause that issue. It should be fine to just ignore it in that case. When the recurring payment is billed it'll add the commission for the $14.95. Have added a bug ticket to update the integration to not even attempt to record commissions for $0 prices.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn