[#4474] Problem with 'Remember Me' function

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #243918 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Problem with 'Remember Me' function
Ok, I've disabled the Progress Field plugin, and the module showing it, and enabled the privacy again, and it doesn't error out anymore, but it still shows the odd thing with press F5 to show the logged in module.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 weeks ago #243921 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with 'Remember Me' function
If progress field is erroring you are probably trying to track progress of a field it can't track. Ensure you're using latest release of CB Progress Field and ensure you're only tacking activity of fields users can supply values to.

As far as the F5 issue I've no idea. Switch to default Joomla template to see if your Joomla template is causing problems. Also be sure to test Joomla login module instead of CBs to see if its remember me behaves fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 weeks ago #243995 by fribse2011
Still looks odd, but only in CB login module, the 'native' module looks ok.
I've logged in, marked 'remember me', shut down FF.
Open FF again, load the page.

Then I press F5

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

10 years 2 weeks ago #244013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with 'Remember Me' function
I see, the remember me processing doesn't perform a redirect or refresh of any kind. This is a problem for CB as it doesn't explicitly check the remember me and only checks for active user session. I'll need to look into it further, but for now I don't really have anything further to suggest. I've created a bug ticket to investigate further for CB 2.0.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4474

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 weeks ago #244018 by fribse2011
Ok, I'll just leave it at that :-)
Most of my users doesn't notice it, as the menues and modules they need are shown...

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn