Error 1118

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247901 by microonlineservices
Error 1118 was created by microonlineservices
Hello

I got a problem on adding more fields / question it will redirect me to this "Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jml_comprofiler` ADD `cb_fredwahl` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL ". Please give me a solution or advise to solve this issue

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247917 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error 1118
You've hit column size limits for the _comprofiler table. This is fixed in CB 2.0 by changing the table engine to InnoDB. You can try fixing this manually in 1.x by navigating to your database using phpmyadmin or some other database software and changing all _comprofiler tables engine to InnoDB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248001 by microonlineservices
Replied by microonlineservices on topic Error 1118
Hello

Thanks for the reply, can you please point to me clearly on what to change it it from table jml_comprofiler? and what to change? by tha way I had 1.0 version.

9 years 8 months ago #248013 by krileon
You need to change all your _comprofiler tables storage engine to InnoDB. This can be done from database software like phpmyadmin. Once in your database you need to navigate to the table then click Operations. You should then see "Storage Engine", which you need to change to "InnoDB". You'll need to do this for all of CBs database tables. Please be sure to make a database backup before making this change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248026 by microonlineservices
Replied by microonlineservices on topic Error 1118
yes I already got your point by changing the type from MyISAM to InnoDB for all CBs database tables and still I got an error of this " Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jml_comprofiler` ADD `cb_test1` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL ". If this is fixed by 2.0 how can I upgrade mine from 1.9.1 where it is stated that the latest version is 1.9.1

9 years 8 months ago #248059 by krileon
If changing to InnoDB doesn't fix the issue for you then neither will CB 2.0 as the fix in CB 2.0 is to change the database engine. I've added the below bug ticket to investigate this further as there are now 2 reports of InnoDB not fixing this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4627

Please provide PHP version and MYSQL version as well so we may see if it's an issue in your current versions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds