[SOLVED] Field disappeared from backend view after tab assignment (bug?)

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #251565 by 3by400Inc
Joomla 2.5.27
CB 2.0.1

We really have two issues... 1) our conditional display would not work, and 2) a field has disappeared from view.

We were trying to use a conditional tab display where the tab is only viewable to the profile owner. Using field: username 'equal to' value: [cb:userfield field="username" user="#me" /] would not work in CB 2.0.1. We have used that previously in CB 1.9.1 without issue.

We verified that the username field was visible on the profile, and tried to assign the username field to a new tab in order to troubleshoot the conditional issue.

When we assigned the Username field to a new tab, the username field became no longer viewable in the backend field list. I believe this is because the tab we assigned the field to is not visible in the field list, although it was available as an option to assign the field to.

The tab was CB Articles ... I realize that this wasn't the best choice to assign the field but it was a troubleshooting step.

I've changed the username field's tab assignment in the database and now I'm able to see the field again. I wanted to make you aware of this issue, however.

So, our issue that remains is #1: the conditional tab display. We have a tab that we would like to only display to the profile owner. We have made sure that the username field is visible on the profile, but the tab still shows to non-profile owners.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #251614 by krileon

When we assigned the Username field to a new tab, the username field became no longer viewable in the backend field list. I believe this is because the tab we assigned the field to is not visible in the field list, although it was available as an option to assign the field to.

The tab was CB Articles ... I realize that this wasn't the best choice to assign the field but it was a troubleshooting step.

I've changed the username field's tab assignment in the database and now I'm able to see the field again. I wanted to make you aware of this issue, however.

Added a bug ticket as was able to confirm. It shouldn't show tabs that don't allow fields on them.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4806

So, our issue that remains is #1: the conditional tab display. We have a tab that we would like to only display to the profile owner. We have made sure that the username field is visible on the profile, but the tab still shows to non-profile owners.

CB Conditional is not completely CB 2.0 compatible. It may not be parsing the parameters out correctly. I can't make any sort of guarantee it'll even work. After I'm done upgrading CB Connect I'll be upgrading CB Privacy then CB Conditional. You can try using an older version of CB Conditional instead of latest as the older version doesn't use the Registry API, which may or may not help with params parsing problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3by400Inc

9 years 6 months ago #252038 by 3by400Inc
I've installed CB Conditional 3.0.13 and its working now. I'm able to restrict tabs to the profile owner.

9 years 5 months ago #252075 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3by400Inc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn