[#4822] Forums plugin and Kunena fields mapping

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #251912 by alwaysontask
Hello, I'm running CB 2.0.2 - J 2.5.27 - Kunena 3.0.6 - Php 5.4.16

I've successfully mapped a new text field to Kunena for the forum signature of my users and it is displaying properly on the forum, but if I try to map other fields like skype, gender, custom text I don't see them on the forum underneath the avatar.

Before the upgrade I was using the old forum integration that now has been discontinued, and it was working fine.

Any idea?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #251940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forums plugin and Kunena fields mapping
The mapping just pushes the values to Kunenas user database table for that user. Check _kunena_users to confirm the values have been pushed. Whether Kunena displays them or not is entirely up to Kunena, but believe some of them you need to enable the display for. However, if you are overriding the sidebar then they likely won't display as that's normally where Kunena would display them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #252025 by alwaysontask
Replied by alwaysontask on topic Forums plugin and Kunena fields mapping
Thank you Kyle, no I'm not overriding the sidebar and by checking the database I see that some values have been pushed and others haven't.
For sure I can't map the PersonalText field (and that's the only one that I really need, I tried with a text field, drop down field, radio button, but no success) as it doesn't appear on the sidebar, but if I manually type some text in the database personaltext rows it does work properly by displaying on the sidebar, underneath the avatar.

I wonder if that's due to a misconfiguration on my website or it's a CB Forums issue.

Can you map a personaltext field on your testing environment?

9 years 5 months ago #252068 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Forums plugin and Kunena fields mapping

alwaysontask wrote: Thank you Kyle, no I'm not overriding the sidebar and by checking the database I see that some values have been pushed and others haven't.
For sure I can't map the PersonalText field (and that's the only one that I really need, I tried with a text field, drop down field, radio button, but no success) as it doesn't appear on the sidebar, but if I manually type some text in the database personaltext rows it does work properly by displaying on the sidebar, underneath the avatar.

I wonder if that's due to a misconfiguration on my website or it's a CB Forums issue.

Can you map a personaltext field on your testing environment?

Please download and install the latest nightly build from here:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

and retest.

9 years 5 months ago #252123 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forums plugin and Kunena fields mapping
Was able to confirm your issue. Please see the below quickfix.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbforums/models/kunena20.php
ON: Line 755
FORM:
						case 'online':
							$field		=	'showOnline';
							break;
TO:
						case 'online':
							$field		=	'showOnline';
							break;
						case 'personaltext':
							$field		=	'personalText';
							break;

It's due to personaltext not properly mapping to Kunenas personalText. Once the quickfix is applied you'll need to re-save your profile for it to map the field value over.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4822

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #252199 by alwaysontask
Replied by alwaysontask on topic Forums plugin and Kunena fields mapping
Thank you, it works!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn