Customize "New User Details" email

9 years 5 months ago #252108 by ZeNono
Customize "New User Details" email was created by ZeNono
Hi,

I'm using CB1.9 with a Joomla 2.5 website.

How can I customize the content of the "New User Details" email which is sent to the User when an Administrator creates him ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #252163 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Customize "New User Details" email
New user email is sent to moderators to let them know a new user has registered. It can only be customized by editing its language string. The emails sent to the user are the Welcome and Pending emails, which you can customize within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #252219 by ZeNono
Replied by ZeNono on topic Customize "New User Details" email
Thanks krileon

The message sent is:

To: ##############################
Cc:
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 22:26:49 +0100
Subject: New User Details
Hello <user name> ,

You have been added as a User to #### by an Administrator.

This email contains your username and password to log in to mywebsite.com/

Username: ########
Password: #######

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

The content is slightly different from what the Welcome email contains in the Options.
Is it something that can only be change through the language string then.

9 years 5 months ago #252247 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Customize "New User Details" email
I believe that's Joomlas new user email. That you can disable within Extensions > Plug-in Manager > User - Joomla! then set "Notification Mail to User" to "No".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn