[#4869] Modal Terms & Conditions in CB 2.0

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #252816 by dotcom22
My goal is to display Terms & Conditions using Modal because is the most logic method for let user correctly read my terms without hassle. Others method such New window or Iframe are suck especially if they use mobile device.

Before when I was on CB 9.1 I had installed the excellent Modal plugin from NoNumber:
www.nonumber.nl/extensions/modals

This plugin was very helpful for set my own Modal using any kind of dimension. Now CB 2.0 have is own modal Term and Condition feature which is a great point BUT the big downside is we can't configure the modal to have width/height in percentage such 90%. We are forced to set fixed dimensions and this is very bad because we must take care to Desktop VS Mobile users. Due to the new manner to set URL, we can't anymore use Modal plugin.

So could you allow us to use percentage with modal ?

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #252817 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Modal Terms & Conditions in CB 2.0
well I finally found a solution. I unpublished the default CB Terms & Conditions field and I created a new multiple checkbox field. Then I have set my Url and the modal code inside the label field.

However is too bad to be obligate to use third party solution.

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

9 years 5 months ago #252862 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Modal Terms & Conditions in CB 2.0
Pretty simple addition. Have added a feature ticket for this. Basically it'll look for % at the end of the width/height supplied and set the height/width as percentage instead of pixel size.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4869

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn