[#4927] CB Connect profile image problems

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #253435 by startup
Hi,

I am running CB 2.0.3 with CB Connect 6.0.2. I have configured both Facebook and Twitter signups as methods but I have trouble with the profile image part.

In both cases, the profile image is downloaded (from Facebook resp. Twitter) and I can see both regular version and thumbnail version of the profile image in the directory /images/comprofiler

However, they are just not being displayed for the newly created users after signing up.

I tried to read all I could find on this forum about settings, screenshots, etc. but after 3h am running out of ideas on how to solve this myself.

Please advise. Many thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253486 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect profile image problems
Seams to be working fine in all my tests. Are you mapping to the avatar field? Don't map to the avatar field. It's done automatically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254470 by startup
Replied by startup on topic CB Connect profile image problems
Thanks for your response, Krileon. Apologies for my delay in follow-up.

No, I am not not mapping to the avatar field. I just leave all as is. I noticed that the image is imported and shown on the profile correctly if I choose the 'Single Sign-On' mode for CB Connect.

It does NOT work when I choose the 'Pre-fill' mode for CB Connect. There seems to be a direct correlation.

When choosing Pre-fill, I get to the prefill page where the user completes the rest of the profile. Then gets the email for confirmation. S/he clicks on the link. Then all is good on the backend. The user can sign in using Facebook. But the profile image (which I can see in the directory on my site using FTP client) is not shown in the profile of the user.

Btw, the exact same behavior holds true when setting up CB Connect to use Twitter for signing in.

Thank you for your help!

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254530 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect profile image problems
That's normal behavior. The pre-filled form takes their profile data and populates the registration form. It's not possible to populate a file input with an external URL like from Facebook. The only way this would work is to add the avatar after registration has completed; will review implementing this for a later release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4927

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #255988 by startup
Replied by startup on topic CB Connect profile image problems
Thank you, Krileon. Would be great if this could be implemented in a future release. Happy New Year to you and the team!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn