Hi Nant or Kyle,

I have set up the following auto action:

Trigger:
After Profile update, After registration

Condition
[cb_datingdatabase] set to YES

Action
Move to usergroup xxx

The autoaction works but ONLY if the user sets his cb field to Datingdatabase, clicks on update and then goes to edit profile again and clicks on update profile... I would like it to work when he/she clicks once...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254367 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with Auto actions
If your field is a single checkbox then the value isn't yes, but 1. Single checkboxes use the following values.

Yes = 1
No = 0

So your conditional would be as follows.

[cb_datingdatabase] Equal To 1

Also ensure User is still set to Automatic. If it was changed then Variable 1 is the up to date user object. Variable 2 and 3 are the previous user objects (before the field value change).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254370 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with Auto actions
Yeah that didnt solve the problem. The problem is that users have to update their profile twice before the action takes place (and the action does indeed take place). How can I make it so that it works the FIRST time someone clicks on update profile.

9 years 4 months ago #254382 by krileon
It should always work first time unless the user object isn't being actually updated the first time. You can try setting "Reload User" to "Yes". Please provide screenshots of your action configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254586 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with Auto actions
OK first test seems to work. Why is the reload user not always activated?

I am just using one single auto action on the user profile without chained actions...

9 years 4 months ago #254659 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue. Seams to be something off with automatic user object detection. It should be using the first user object it finds, but seams to continue onward and stopping at var3, which is the previous user object. Have created a bug ticket and will investigate further. For now use the reload user parameter.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4934

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn