[#4925] components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery-1.11.1/jquery.qtip.min.js.map 404 (Not Found)

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254508 by carin
Why do I see this error in the console?

I also noticed that jquery migrate gets loaded twice. First from Joomla jui then from CB. That is useless. Where do I switch that off?

Thanks

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254526 by krileon

Why do I see this error in the console?

Minified JS files can't output proper console logs. In order for them to do so it needs a map file. qtip2 is trying to load in a map file that doesn't exist. I missed this change when updating qtip2 and didn't notice it as I run debug mode, which loads the fully jQuery file. I've removed the loading of the map file for next build. If you want to remove it manually then you can remove the last code line in the below file.

components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery-1.11.1/jquery.qtip.min.js

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4925

I also noticed that jquery migrate gets loaded twice. First from Joomla jui then from CB. That is useless. Where do I switch that off?

It's not possible to shut off the loading of our jQuery migration script without modifying core code. You would need to change the _CB_JQUERY_MIGRATE define in the following file.

libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/CBframework.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254528 by carin
Why does CB core not take care of preventing double loading the libraries? To me that is basic best practice.

CB 2.0

9 years 4 months ago #254561 by krileon
We have no idea what 3rd party extension has loaded what. The API to prevent duplicate loading was proposed to Joomla by Beat, but as far as I am aware Joomla never accepted or implemented it. CB it self stops double loading if you use CB API (e.g. calling the same jQuery plugin 5 times in a row only loads it once).

We're not here to police everyones extensions and what they do. Nor can we depend on another extensions version of jQuery being up to date or compatible with CB. You're asking us to introduce possible compatibility issues, which we do not care to debug and provide support for on a daily basis. So instead we deep noConflict all of CBs jQuery and never have any issues. As long as noConflict is used you can load 100 of the same plugin and never have issues aside from a few lost KB, which is irrelevant with todays internet speeds.

As a note you're able to turn off the loading of core CB functionality such as our jQuery library within CB > Configuration > Integrations. I've added a feature ticket to add a new parameter there to allow turning off the migrate plugin, which should help with your needs.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4931

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 4 months ago #254575 by carin
Ok, thanks. I was sure that when you use the Joomla methods to load libraries they never get loaded twice because the Joomla controller takes care of that. But maybe I missed something there.

Thanks for the new option.

"which is irrelevant with todays internet speeds"
not in my country though ....

CB 2.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn