[#5337] comprofiler_views table 640,000 records

9 years 4 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #255092 by cberry1971
Our comprofiler_views table is large and preventing a easy backup via CRON.

We don't display hits or number of hits on user's profiles and I am curious if I can empty this table and disable further usage.

Please advise and if possible let me know the requisite steps.

Many thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #255111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic comprofiler_views table 640,000 records
You can empty it if you want. It just records who has viewed what profile recently. If you don't need or use that information it can be emptied. Ideally in a future release we'll have a backend GUI to view this information as it's helpful to see who is viewing who for moderator purposes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #265691 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic comprofiler_views table 640,000 records
Hi,

Same question, I use the view in the profiles but I would empty the table view before the 01/01/2014.
Am I obliged to do manually in the database?
Thank you in advance

8 years 10 months ago #265693 by nant
Replied by nant on topic comprofiler_views table 640,000 records

mfe13 wrote: Hi,

Same question, I use the view in the profiles but I would empty the table view before the 01/01/2014.
Am I obliged to do manually in the database?
Thank you in advance

Yes.

8 years 10 months ago #266020 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic comprofiler_views table 640,000 records
Please consider the ability to disable this function from within CB admin as it is an unnecessary database burden for those of us who do not use it.

8 years 10 months ago #266053 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic comprofiler_views table 640,000 records

Please consider the ability to disable this function from within CB admin as it is an unnecessary database burden for those of us who do not use it.

Added feature ticket for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5337

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn