[#5006] Registration form with social buttons

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256711 by pasquale1980
[#5006] Registration form with social buttons was created by pasquale1980
In CB 2.0.4 is it possible integrate the registration form with the buttons of social network (of CB Connect) in order to make the registration directly from the registration page?
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256760 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration form with social buttons
You want the social buttons on the registration page? Only way to do that at this time is to set the login module to display on registration within CB > Configuration > Registration. It maybe something that can be added to CB Connect though; ideally where would you put the buttons?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256792 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic Registration form with social buttons
Just on the registration page.
I thought of creating a field CB Custom Html (Ex. CB Delimiter) and make it visible on the registration page.

Here are some examples:

1) www.blablacar.com/register

2) www.deezer.com/

3) www.spotify.com/it/signup/

9 years 3 months ago #256833 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration form with social buttons
Have added a feature ticket to implement this for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5006

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 week ago #263023 by sabroso
Replied by sabroso on topic [#5006] Registration form with social buttons
This is a must have feature!

The social buttons on the login module only say "sign in with" which might be misunderstood by an unregistered user who then might click on sign up.

Additionally it reenforces a quick and easy process in front of a long and tedious form.

When will it be released?

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #263044 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [#5006] Registration form with social buttons

When will it be released?

In version 6.1.0 as the ticket states, which is the next CB Connect feature release. CB Connect probably won't see a new feature release until HybridAuth 3 releases so CB Connect social site API library can be upgraded.

You can add your own custom button as well if you want. Just ensure it links to the following URLs.

Facebook:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=facebook&action=authenticate

Twitter:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=twitter&action=authenticate

Google:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=google&action=authenticate

LinkedIn:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=linkedin&action=authenticate

Windows Line:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=windowslive&action=authenticate

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: sabroso

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn