[#5109] cb gallery 1.0: how to localize date to german?

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259217 by jojo12
Hi, how can I localize date in fotos, files... to german

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #259238 by krileon
It's always localized. It runs the date through our date function, which applies offset as configured in Joomla or in the users timezone parameter. Same usage as date fields, etc.. The mouseover dates are not localized and provided as UTC.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #259257 by jojo12
Thanks, but this can not be

Joomla timezone zurich, user timezone zurich

result (see image)
Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259262 by krileon
That's month, day, and year. There's no time display unless you adjust the format parameters in CB Gallery. Mouseover to see the UTC datetime. What's wrong about the formatted date? I'm EST and Zurich is GMT+1 so 6 hours ahead. That means it's 02-20-15 here and there. I can't see an issue with the format, sorry. Even more so since all offsets are applied to a UTC datetime, which is Zurich is just 1 hour ahead of.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #259267 by jojo12
see the date: it's written in English: February

but it should be: Februar.

For sure I can try to change, to use only the abbreviation or the number of the month, but that's not ideal.

9 years 2 months ago #259273 by krileon
Ah, sorry misunderstood what you're asking. It uses PHP DateTime class functions. I'm not sure it can be localized. You'll probably want to change it to numeric format in your case (see the various date format parameters within the gallery tabs). Have created a feature ticket for CB to look into seeing if PHP DateTime class can be localized. It for sure should use the localization of PHP, but need to check if we can override that with CBTxt usages.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5109

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn