cb gallery: the settings for the date are not working.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259503 by jojo12
In Backend Tab there are fields to custumize the dates of folder, albums and items.
(preset is M.j,Y) But you can't change anything, it's always the same M.j, Y, even when you set e.g. j.M.Y.

EDIT: tried on a clean 3.4 stable 2.0.7 and cb Gallery 1.0.2 with protostar template

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #259507 by krileon
The parameter seams to be saving fine in my tests. Are you saying it isn't saving or your changes are doing nothing on frontend? Please note each tab can display each gallery individually. Specifically if you edit the File tab and adjust the Photo parameters it does nothing to the Photo tab. Ensure you're on the correct gallery and adjusting the correct galleries parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259677 by jojo12
I can save changes but (see image) when I change setting for albums, folders and items to j.M.Y. Nothing happens, after saving and refreshing,even after creating new albums folders and items. always the same kind like M.j.Y
EDIT:
I think, this should follow these rules:
php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

EDIT: tried on a clean 3.4 stable 2.0.7 and cb Gallery 1.0.2 with protostar template
How can I make a dateformat like

25. Feb. 2015 (it's the german standard!)
Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago #259690 by krileon
Was able to confirm. It's checking for a plugin param when that's a tab param. Fixing for 1.0.3. Please note the date format at the top of the folder is configured under Folder Items > Display. The items themselves are configured under Items > Display and folders on profile are configured under Folders > Display. So 3 parameters due to 3 completely different style structures as they each have different space limitations.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5134

1.0.3 will be released today. Shortly after fixing this actually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259696 by jojo12

Please note the date format at the top of the folder is configured under Folder Items > Display. The items themselves are configured under Items > Display and folders on profile are configured under Folders > Display. So 3 parameters due to 3 completely different style structures as they each have different space limitations.

I know, but it's always the same problem!
So please note you have to change three times!

EDIT: after updating to 1.0.3:
And me to I have to change much more than 3 times:
Is this correct? In each of this 4 tabs (files, music, videos, photos) there are always 4 categories of settings (files, music, videos, photos) in each tab, and for each 3 fields for items, albums and folders! That means 4x4x3= 39 times. ???

9 years 2 months ago #259745 by krileon
No, you don't need to change it for every sub-tab of every gallery tab. Only what's displayed. So by default Photos > Photos, Videos > Videos, etc.. you need to adjust 4x3 = 12. You also only need to do this once. The only reason to do this 39 times is if you are displaying all 4 galleries on all 4 times at the same time.

Each tab can display every gallery. The idea behind this is the tab code is written once and reused. All 4 gallery tabs have the exact same code that's written only once and has to be maintained only once. Yes I can make this less confusing but less flexible by forcing each tab to function only as 1 gallery, but then what if someone wants all the galleries under a single tab? You can have 2 galleries under 1 tab and 2 under another tab or all 4 under 1 tab; it's entirely up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn