[#5204] K2 and Community Builder

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260787 by sylvanr
Replied by sylvanr on topic K2 and Community Builder
You said pertaining to sorting articles in CB Articles: Yes, it can be changed in code of course. It's part of the ORDER BY of the article query, which is a part of the model PHP file. For example the below is the Joomla model file.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbarticles/models/joomla25.php

So, using Filezilla, I found the joomla25.php file and I found this line of code:

"\n ORDER BY a." . $_CB_database->NameQuote( 'created' ) .

Before I did anything, I just wanted to check with you. Do I just change 'created' to 'categories' or 'category' or 'catid' or am I on the wrong path altogether??

I had said "I am also having a problem with CB Blogs. When I try to add a new blog, I keep getting this message: "Blog failed to validate! Error: Category not allowed!" I have played with settings in the back end. For "Model," I have tried both Joomla and K2. I have been using K2 for CB Articles and haven't have any problems but thought I would see if using Joomla would help for CB Blogs. It didn't make a difference. I have tried various categories from both Joomla and K2 but none seem to work?

You had asked: "Does the category dropdown actually have categories available? The user needs categories that they can access as that's where the blogs will store."

The "Category" drop down does NOT contain any categories when the Create Blog screen displays. I have both K2 categories and Joomla categories. Neither category list populates the Category drop down.

One more thing- When potential users of the site come to the site, I would like to have a "sample" user for them to look at so they can decide if they want to register and become a member. Is it possible to have a link on the front end that the public can access to a "sample" profile already filled out with data? Along the same lines, if a user wanted to give someone a link to their own profile, is there a way to do that so that a non-CB member friend could just look at their page without necessarily having to join?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260825 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic K2 and Community Builder

Before I did anything, I just wanted to check with you. Do I just change 'created' to 'categories' or 'category' or 'catid' or am I on the wrong path altogether??

Depends on what you're sorting by. It also needs to be a valid database column or select value. That modal file is also for Joomla and not K2. The K2 one is in the same folder though. Ordering by catid would just order by the category id and not the name, but category_title is part of the select so ordering by it will also work. We do not support core edits so I can not advise you any further, sorry.

The "Category" drop down does NOT contain any categories when the Create Blog screen displays. I have both K2 categories and Joomla categories. Neither category list populates the Category drop down.

Then you don't have something configured correctly. You either don't have categories the user can access or the parent category configured in CB Blogs is not configured correctly. Nick has provided 2 CB Blogs videos that could be of help configuring it for Internal or Joomla model. K2 model is very similar to Joomla model.

Internal:

Joomla:

Please also see the recently released primer book for further usage/configuration information.

One more thing- When potential users of the site come to the site, I would like to have a "sample" user for them to look at so they can decide if they want to register and become a member. Is it possible to have a link on the front end that the public can access to a "sample" profile already filled out with data? Along the same lines, if a user wanted to give someone a link to their own profile, is there a way to do that so that a non-CB member friend could just look at their page without necessarily having to join?

Just create a user from backend and fill out their profile as needed. You can then link directly to their profile from wherever you want I suppose.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261438 by sylvanr
As always, thank you for all your help through the last few months. I feel like I have made progress again and was feeling pretty good about it but now having a new problem I am hoping you have some ideas about.

I am using K2 and a plugin je-k2Story menu item for the end user to add a "story" in the front end. That works fine. The end user can look at a list of their stories through CB Articles or an option for a "list" menu that came with je-K2story. The list option with je-K2 story has a "delete" button where the end user should be able to delete one of their stories just by clicking on a checkbox and then clicking a delete button but that "delete" button doesn't work so am looking for an alternative.

I noticed there was no "delete" button available through CB Articles? Is this correct or am I missing something? Is there a way to add a "delete" button in CB Articles that would allow the end user that can edit their own files, ability to delete their own as well?

I found a plugin called "CRZT k2 item delete from frontend" and installed it that said it would add a delete button to any K2 item. After installing, a "Delete Item" does appear on the item edit screen in CB Articles. When I click the "Delete Item," I get dialog asking "Are You Sure?" and when I click on that, I get message, "Item Deleted" BUT when I go back to CB Articles and bring up the user's articles/items, the title of the article, the category and created date are still in the list. They do not appear deleted at all but now, when you click on an item title that had been deleted with the "CRZT K2 item delete..." I get the message "404- item not found." So it appears that the item might have been deleted but yet, it's title still appears in CB Articles list as if it has not been deleted?

Is there anything you can suggest to give the end user on the front end the ability to delete items/articles through CB Articles that actually works?

Again, as always, thank you.

9 years 1 month ago #261446 by krileon
CB Articles has no management features. It's purely for display. If you need management features then you need to use CB Blogs with the modal set to K2. To have management features in CB Articles would require modifying a good majority of the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261538 by sylvanr
You had said: "CB Articles has no management features. It's purely for display."

Okay, I will look into using CB Blogs instead of CB Articles.

In the meantime, is there a reason for CB Articles to continue displaying articles that have been deleted? After using the ""Delete Item" button, the article is deleted and I can verify that the article was deleted in the back end, but the title still shows up on the front end in CB Articles list???

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261546 by krileon
K2 is setting the trash database column, but isn't unpublishing it. CB Articles doesn't account for this scenario. So it's a bug and have created a bug ticket to fix for later release. Filter your K2 articles to trashed articles then unpublish them as a workaround or unpublish before trashing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5204

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: sylvanr

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn