[SOLVED] Fields names look like ?????????

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #261066 by gsabrd
Hi. I was trying to find a way to solve the problem with Russian letters in the field names. I don't want to translate all CB, but I need some fields (that I created) in a different language. Actually I need to use some letters from different languages. When I type a title like normal word in Russian it shows in the back end and in the front end like ?????. The quantity of question marks is the same as quantity of letters I used. How to solve this problem? Joomla 3.3.0 , which I am using now doesn't have this problem, and I am easily use Russian letters in Joomla . Also, I installed Kunena forum, and it shows any letters from any language too. I sent some messages in Russian using CB private messaging module, and it works perfect (it shows Russian letters correctly). The problem is just with fields' names. I am using CB 2.0.7. version of CB. Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261152 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fields names look like ?????????
Review your _comprofiler_fields database and ensure its collation is set to UTF8 (including the columns). Looks like it's not set correctly and is unable to store the UTF8 characters correctly. If it's stored fine in database then you need to ensure your PHP is configured to use UTF8. Contact your host for help with either of these if unsure how.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261205 by gsabrd
Replied by gsabrd on topic Fields names look like ?????????
I am not familiar with this staff yet, but what I found I attached to this file. First picture shows how the field looks like in back end after I save it. Second picture says that this field is up to date. Maybe I am looking at the wrong places? Could you please help me find comprofiler fields database (provide steps) to ensure that its collation is set to UTF8. Everything on my site accepts Russian letters except CB fields and tabs names (at least I know the problem is there). Private messaging system, forum, Joomla menus, and Joomla fields accept Russian letters and work perfectly. Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

9 years 1 month ago #261266 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fields names look like ?????????
You need to navigate directly to the _comprofiler_tabs and _comprofiler_fields database tables. Typically this is done from your hosting panel using phpmyadmin. Next you need to check that the entire table has the correct collation (typically this is utf8_general_ci). Next you need to ensure the title column for both of these tables has the collection set correctly as well (e.g. utf8_general_ci). Contact your host if unsure how as they maybe able to do this for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 weeks ago #261369 by gsabrd
Replied by gsabrd on topic Fields names look like ?????????
I checked information on the hosting and the picture is attached. There was utf8_general_ci, and I didn't change anything there. In my opinion there is a problem somewhere in CB because when I set it up everything worked and works good/perfect with Russian letters but CB menus. Is it configured by default to work like this (I didn't change anything)? Thanks.
Attachments:

9 years 4 weeks ago #261381 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Fields names look like ?????????
Repeating what Kyle said with pictures.

You need to make sure that all your Joomla tables and their text fields are set to proper collation.

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn