[#5203] Cant upload .zip file

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261358 by interfaz
[#5203] Cant upload .zip file was created by interfaz
hi

We have a problem about the .zip - .rar files. Some of my users can't upload this files. We put the .zip and .rar extensions in the media manager options. We need our users put a zip file or pdf on your profile, no problem with PDF files, but some users receive this error with .zip or .rar files: Please enter a value with a valid extension.

Can I get help with this problem?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #261418 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cant upload .zip file
Ensure you're using CB 2.0.7. The extension jQuery validation is bugged in older releases and will cause it to fail to validate sometimes. If you already have 2.0.7 then please try the below nightly.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261454 by interfaz
Replied by interfaz on topic Cant upload .zip file
We are using 2.0.7, however we updated to nightly but the .zip error continue. Another process to fix that problem?

Thank you

9 years 1 month ago #261490 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue, but not in the same location. On upload processing the validation failed, but the jQuery validation worked fine. The jQuery validation is what is failing in your screenshot. What browser are you using? Could be an issue with the browser not passing the correct mimetype or extension to the file object.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5203

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261541 by interfaz
Replied by interfaz on topic Cant upload .zip file
We are using diferents browsers. In my case in chrome(pc) dont work but in firefox(pc) works. Also depends in pc or mac, sometimes works.

9 years 1 month ago #261547 by krileon
Ok, will investigate further to fix for next release. Seams to be bugged. I don't have a workaround at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn