[#5207] CB Gallery video not working

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #261552 by svictor
[#5207] CB Gallery video not working was created by svictor
Hi,

I have CB 2.0.7 on joomla 2.5.28. I installed CB gallery 1.0.3.
I uploaded an mp4 video. I know for sure that this file can be read as html5. It works for example on this page of my other website . There I use a simple <video> tag.

However, it doesn’t work when I add it to CB gallery (which I use on a different website). You can see it here : scroll to the bottom, "Médias" section. Chrome refuses to play it, and Firefox actually crashes as soon as I try to open it. That’s on
  • Chromium Version 41.0.2272.76 Built on 8.0, running on Debian 8.0 (64-bit)
  • Firefox (Iceweasel) 31.5.0, running on the same system.

I also tried from Firefox on my smartphone and it says that the file is corrupt.
However, the file on the server is identical with the one on my hard drive and the one on my other server (checked with md5). My guess would be a problem with the "src" attribute and the way it retrieves the file. Could you please have a look at the above link? Or direct link to the video from the gallery: crem-cnrs.fr/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgallery&action=items&func=show&type=videos&id=79&user=56&tab=42&v=5515cd32c55e9&Itemid=588&format=raw
Thanks!
Victor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 weeks ago #261640 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery video not working
There's a content length mismatch (seen in error console; press F12 > Console). How large is the video? I've only tested smaller clips and linked videos. I have yet to test a larger video, which may not be returning the correct filesize and length values that are sent with the header.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 weeks ago #261649 by svictor
Replied by svictor on topic CB Gallery video not working
It’s only 3.3Mo. You can download it here . Thanks for having a look at it!

9 years 4 weeks ago #261676 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery video not working
Was able to confirm your issue. Seams to be something wrong with the filesize check to prepare content length header. Have created a bug ticket to investigate further and see what could be causing this to break. I don't have a workaround at this time.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5207

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 weeks ago #261678 by svictor
Replied by svictor on topic CB Gallery video not working
Ok. Thanks. I’ll follow that.

9 years 1 day ago #263124 by cbnaynay
Replied by cbnaynay on topic CB Gallery video not working
Hi Kyle:

I'm also having the same issue, notice Bug report added 28 days ago. Kyle can you please provide an update to this issue thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.615 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn