[#5208] Language overrides not working!!!

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261600 by ricco1
Hi,

So far, this language overrides are not working in the override plugin:

'UE_NOT_AUTHORIZED'
'HI_FORMATNAME_0861f2'

I'm sure there are more, please correct it!

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261657 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language overrides not working!!!
Please see the below video regarding language override usage.

It has absolutely no way of discriminating against 2 strings. Plugin loading behavior can in some cases result in the language override plugin not working if plugins are not loaded before the language string is used.

Please see the below topic for additional usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/227556-cb-language-override-video-tutorial-resources

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261670 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Language overrides not working!!!
I have watched and read the resources you pointed to, and I'm successfully using the plugin and the file cblanguageoverride-language.php, but there are times and places where overrides don't work. For example I've changed this string:

'HI_FORMATNAME_0861f2' => 'Hi, [formatname]',

to:

'HI_FORMATNAME_0861f2' => 'Hi [firstname],',

but it only works when a CB page is displayed, e.g. a profile. If I navigate to some other page it goes back to its original string formatname, but if change it in .../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/en-gb/language.php then it works all the time.

System - Community Builder plugin is first and enabled. What is the plugin that grabs the strings so I can position it to load last?

CB Language Override plugin is last in CB Plugin Management page list, but I think its not loaded at all when I'm not on a CB related page e.g. a profile, and when I'm on a joomla page.

9 years 1 month ago #261672 by krileon
That's the greeting text for the CB Login module. By default CB Login module does not load plugins, which is why your override doesn't work when you navigate to a page that isn't already loading plugins. You can enable plugin loading by setting "CB Plugins integration" to "Yes" under "Login and Logout Options" of your CB Login module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261683 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Language overrides not working!!!
"CB Plugins integration" is "Yes", but there are still pages where the string is not getting the override value.

9 years 1 month ago #261686 by krileon
Looks like plugin loading happens after the translation. Have added a bug ticket to move plugin loading earlier in the modules loading behavior.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5208

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn