[#5264] Password Reset

9 years 3 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #263374 by grumpybug
[#5264] Password Reset was created by grumpybug
Hi,

Hoping someone here might be able to suggest a fix or workaround from a problem I am having. As it turns out, it appears the CB forgot username/password function does not work on IE8. There are no error messages, the page loads up with both the username and email boxes available before you choose any options such as "Lost Username" and "Lost Password" and then the button at the bottom of the page is not responsive and cannot be clicked.

Now I now the easy solution is to just upgrade the browser, the problem I have is the site is used by a large government department who are still running IE8 as part of their SOE so users cannot upgrade and about 90% of the site's traffic is generated from users at this department.

So while it's not really a CB problem, it would be good if I could find a solution.

Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 days ago #263391 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Password Reset
Joomla version? CB version? Should be working perfectly fine in IE. The button doesn't enable until you've supplied the needed information to the inputs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 days ago #263426 by grumpybug
Replied by grumpybug on topic Password Reset
Firstly thank you for responding to this rather weird problem

OK Joomla version is 3.4.1 and the CB version is 2.08 although I note it has been happening on previous versions of CB so it is not a new problem as such

I've attached a screen shot of the problem which might help explain it a little better.

Firstly this how the screen appears when the page loads, you do not have tick either of the boxes at the top of the page. Then once you have filled out the required information you cannot click on the Send Username/Password button, as shown it simply presents a little no access symbol.

If I run the page IE compatibility mode I cannot click on either of the two boxes at the top of the screen.
Attachments:

9 years 2 days ago #263435 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Password Reset
Please test with default Joomla template - it might be an issue with your template.

9 years 2 days ago #263441 by grumpybug
Replied by grumpybug on topic Password Reset
No, I tried it with all the standard templates and get the same result.

9 years 2 days ago #263461 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Password Reset
Was able to confirm. It's not going to work in IE8. It's tested on IE11, IE10, and IE9 as working. We don't really still support or test IE8 so there maybe more issues than this, but have added a bug ticket to look into it further to see if it can be fixed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5264

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn