cb login required - how other component can use this login

8 years 10 months ago #265895 by Kullus
We are doing the upgrade to Joomla 3.4 with the CB and an other component 'osg seminarmanager'.
This other component is using the standard Joomla login function and was working fine under Joomla 2.5.

With Joomla 3.0 we also had to update the CB and we had to use the new CB login instead of the standard Joomla login.

But now I have problems with the login process.
How should it work with the new necessary CB login and other Joomla components which also use a login functionality?

I checked this forum. We have CB 2.0.9. The CB system plugin is the third system plugin after system-admin tools and system-admin exile.
All joomla module are unpublished. We use only cb login module with the setting 'encrypt login module' is yes. The url is fine, mod-rewrite is on.

You can have a look on a test installation - www.es-rm-eltern.eu/ev341/en/afternoon-activities/5-nachmittags-afternoon/199-ballschule141215142144?buchung=1

Scroll down a little bit and see the field 'username' and 'password'. Type in any words and you will see that the system jumps to the cb login page without any usage of the entries before. This happens also with valid users.

Thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #265912 by krileon
By default CB will redirect Joomla login URLs to CB login URLs. This is controlled by "System - Community Builder". It can also rewrite those URLs if enabled in its parameters. This should cause all those login URLs, forms, and redirects to point to CB instead of Joomla. I can't guarantee this will be compatible with all 3rd party extensions, sorry. I recommend disabling all 3rd party login/registration functionality when possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #265915 by Kullus
Thanks for your fast answer.
This will help to find a workaround for 3rd party component.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn